15 | Do I Really?

It was Monday morning 9 am and we were in the laboratory. The teacher was demonstrating the dissection for arterial system in fishes which we were supposed to do afterwards, but my mind was elsewhere.

Today the winner of the literary club contest will be announced and that means we will get to know who that 'known writer' is.

God!

What if it's him? I sighed and tried to calm myself down.

There's no use overthinking it, let's just face the thing. By the time I was done thinking, the teacher finished the demonstration thing and asked us to proceed with the dissection.

It mustn't be a big deal as I've already done it during my bachelor's, but now I was having a hard time concentrating.

Somehow I managed to complete it, thankfully not as the last person. I cleaned my hands, first with water, then with ethyl alcohol, again water and finally with a soap based solution.

Now it was 9.45 am, 15 more minutes to go...

All the participants were asked to assemble in the conference room where sessions like these were often held, but as the head of the literary club, I was supposed to go receive the guest, that one 'known writer'.

Thankfully Mrs. Diane will also accompany me, what a relief.

Soon that relief of mine flew out of the window, or some cruel crow snatched it away from me and Mrs. Diane was called into the conference room to make some other arrangements.

I ended up waiting alone in the parking lot and saw my Pick up drive in, some 5 minutes later. Wait. What!? My Pick up? My head immediately snapped to where I'd parked it.

No, it wasn't mine, 'cause it was still there, where I'd left it in the morning.

I was already on edge with my mood and when I focused a bit to see the driver, that made it worse. Sure enough there were those grey eyes with tiny strands of caramel blond hair falling over them carelessly.

He hasn't seen me yet, can I run and hide in the laboratory? Say that I didn't do the dissection properly and I wanted to do it again?

It'd be stupid, I'll only make a fool out of myself.

What was I here for?

Oh yeah, should go and receive my stalker, d*mn it!

I walked up to my___, no, no, his Pick up; just then, he opened the door and stepped out.

Our eyes met, he stood still for a second and then smiled. That was weird, I didn't feel like this when someone smiled at me.

Apart from my family, only Ann's smile did something like this to me and it's been like this since we met all those years ago.

This was the feeling of being genuine, being honest and truthful. Maybe he has no bad intentions and I was freaking out for no reason?

Ann's and Issac's words again,

"Only time will tell..."

I snapped out of my thoughts trail and smiled back at him, while lending my hand for him to shake.

He took it and I chose the moment to introduce myself properly, officially.