Chapter 1

TW- this story will have mentions of SH, ED, and possibly more. I will do my best to leave the details out for those who will get triggered but still wanna read :) suggestions and constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcome on my stories 🥰

Arizonas pov:

"Arizona wait!" My date yelled to me with tears as I ran off.

"Jennifer, leave. I can't do this again! Get out of my house!" I yelled, and then ran to my room. She better have hoped that it would take me a couple minutes to re-emerge into my living room so she would have time to leave. I swear, every time I leave, the person I love has a fling, even if I'm only gone a week. This time, Jennifer had an affair with Carina, that's right, my co worker and Ex girlfriend. All while I went to visit Sofia for a week in New York. I invited her to come too but she told me that she didn't want to do all that traveling for a kid, even though Sofia and her got along very well. Sofia even idolized her. I should've just broken up with her then.

As soon as I heard my front door angrily slam, I picked up my iPad from the other side of my bed and FaceTimed Callie to talk to Sofia. Even though it was dinner time, all of the sudden, I had no more appetite. To my pleasant surprise, Sofia answered my call so I thought I wouldn't have to deal with my ex wife.

"Mama! Mama! I miss you!" She said happily through the phone. As she spoke I inspected her background out of curiosity and saw Callie close by. Her happiness radiated into me, but only a little bit. I managed a small smile.

"Hey baby, your Mama misses you soooo much too!" I respond, but my voice cracks and gets shaky. I saw Callie look up and towards the phone as I spoke. She almost looked concerned. I wished I could've just told her I'm fine so she would get out of my business. Sofia continued to ramble about her most recent tea party with her teddy bears as Callie walks over.

"Hey my little love bug, can I have the phone to talk to your Mama for a minute?" She asked lovingly.

"Sure Mommy" Sofia said happily, and complies. This is the moment I knew would come from calling my baby and I have been dreading. After the way Callie had hurt me, I couldn't let myself fall in love again, I didn't want to fall in love with her again. It has only ever resulted in me getting hurt.

But, despite my best efforts, the second her beautiful and perfect face appeared on the screen my heart melted once again.

"Hey Zona, what's up?" She asked with a smile.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to see my baby, I miss her so much" I responded with a sad smile. She looked at me with a sarcastic face.

"Yes, Arizona, the way your voice cracked and got shaky totally makes me believe you... is everything okay with Jennifer? I know you said she didn't want to come with you to visit with Sofia" She asked curiously. I didn't want to respond so I quickly thought up a lie.

"No, Jennifer and I figured it out. We are great actually. In fact, I'm only calling now because we are going out" I said with a fake smile.

"Oh, okay. That's great for you. I would hand the phone back to Sofia but she just passed out on the couch after a long day. You can call tomorrow morning, and I'll tell her you send your love if she wakes up before then" Callie replied. She almost seemed discouraged that I said that Jennifer and I were doing well. Little does she know...

"Okay, thanks Cal, bye" I said with a smile, quickly ending the call and then letting out a sigh. I paced around my bedroom for a couple of minutes until I noticed a blade on the counter. I sat on my bed and carefully looked at it, deciding if I should indulge to my feelings or resist to stay clean.

A/N
Hi everyone! Thanks for reading this first chapter of my new FF. I really hope y'all like it :). I probs won't update this until I finish my other FF but I hope that's soon because I don't like how it has turned out so far.