Chapter 74 - Bloodlines

The entire Infirmary was silent. Erza, Master Makarov were the ones there listening to the words that Mui was telling them about what happened in the few days they have been gone. Erza was surprised to hear of the things that were happening to Eve, and the redhead had found herself becoming worried too hearing of the things that her closest friend was going through. The girl was transforming into something from what Mui had told them but what it could be…Erza can't think of what.

"This is a peculiar situation," Makarov said with a frown.

"You really don't know anything of what is happening to Eve Master?" Erza asked him.

Makarov shook his head.

"There could be a number of reasons as to why it is happening," he said, "It could be a curse or maybe Eve is a part-nonhuman."

"Part nonhuman?" Mui repeated.

"Yes," Makarov said, "A human marrying a different race other than their own. It is a rare case but it had been done in the past...althought the children inherited things from both the mother and the father…which depend on how dominant their parent blood may be, changes could happen to the child…radical changes."

"Changes?"

"Yes," Makarov said, "Some might be subtle that we won't even notice it, but others might be…massive."

"But Eve is an orphan girl," Mui said, "There is no way that we could actually find out who her parents where."

"This is what will make it difficult," Makarov said.

"I might have a clue."

The entire group turned toward the new arrival.

"Gajeel?"

The young man had stepped inside the room with a serious look upon his face. This wasn't the first time that Erza had seen that look upon the Iron Dragon Slayer's face. The first time was when Eve had went missing when Mui had kidnapped her.

"What are you doing here?" Erza asked him.

"I smelled someone familiar," Gajeel answered her, "To think it was this bastard who came back…thought I also smelled blood. I wanted to know what was going on and I overheard the conversation."

"You know who Eve's parents are?" Erza asked him.

"Like I said I've only got a clue," Gajeel said giving the redhead a glance, before turning his attention toward Mui, "Eve lost control on you?"

"Lost control?" Mui repeated.

"Gajeel what are you talking about?" Erza asked.

The Dragon Slayer gave her a glance.

"It's not the first time this happened alright," he said, "Eve lost control of herself before back when we were in Phantom."

"This happened before?" Makarov asked, "How did Eve managed to control what had happened?"

Gajeel shook his head.

"That's the thing," he said, "Eve doesn't remember what had happened that day…she doesn't have any recollection of the event that took place back then…"

"But how did it got repressed?" Mui asked, "How did Eve manage to gain control."

Gajeel shrugged.

"I didn't know how it happened but her magic suddenly disappeared from her body," he said, "Kind of like when she attacked someone with RuneSave and robbed them of their powers…but she didn't use that sword back then so I was completely shocked at what happened to her but when she passed out…there was some strange symbol on her back…"