6. when i come around

You's spent the entire next two days steering clear of Craig

Yeah, two days was quite a while to go without speaking to your best friend. But what were you supposed to do? You were still very weirded out by yesterday.

Your stomach churned the more you thought about it. About how he had snuck into your room all Flynn Rider last night and then started implying that he might kiss you.

Surely you had the right to be confused, and every other affiliated emotion under the sun!

Finding a distraction in order to ignore Craig was not the hard part, though. You'd spent your time hanging around Kyle, Wendy and Stan. Which you knew for a fact would drive Craig crazy, since he hated the latter. So that was a slight retribution on your part.

But he wasn't the only thing plaguing your mind today. There was also the fact that Kyle was coming over to your house tomorrow.

You sighed.

Despite being the one who asked him over, you were incredibly nervous about it. Having somebody come over to your house, was like the very next step in a friendship.

And you two would be alone. Alone. And you just kept thinking about all that crazy stuff kenny was saying yesterday.

You knew never to think much about the stuff Kenny says, since most of it is silly anyways. But his words may have also been a partial reason as to why your stomach was churning.

You shook your head, returning to the current aisle you were in. You knew you needed to stop thinking so hard before you got a headache.

You were at the local Whole Food's, and it was around 5pm after school. You were trying to find a room-refresher for tomorrow, before Kyle come's over.

Yeah, it might sound like you're trying too hard. It was just Kyle. But you wanted to show out a little bit and make your room smell nice. Was that so bad?

Despite looking around, you couldn't find any.
But you were determined to have it, so you walked up the aisle, making your way into the next one.

Having a nicely smelling room obviously wasn't a necessity. But in all honesty, you wanted to impress Kyle.

Stepping into the adjacent aisle, you were determined to find one. Maybe one that smelled like flowers. Or strawberries. Oooh, or vanilla.

Only to be confronted with the one ...thing you'd hoped wouldn't be in there.

Your footsteps reverberated through the relatively quiet supermarket, drawing the attention of the only sole occupant in the aisle. Craig.

Inhaling sharply, you felt your initial determination wane, replaced by a growing sense of dismay.

What the hell is Craig doing here? Doesn't he have anything better to do? Like feed his decaying guinea pig?

Your eyes darted to the aisle sign, and a sigh almost escaped you, as you realised you were in the pet food aisle.