[ 21. we almost get killed by mountain people ]

| y/n's pov |

THOMAS' EYES SHOT open and he gasped.

"Hey. Hey, you're okay." I smiled at him. "Good morning, sunshine."

Minho came over and stuck his head over my shoulder.

"Welcome back, you ugly shank."

I snickered at Minho and helped Thomas as he tried to sit up.

"I suggest you talk! You son of a bitch!" Jorge hit the blonde man, who it turns out actually was Marcus and a fat liar, in the face.

"Ugh, damn it!"

Thomas jumped to his feet and walked closer.

"I'm sorry, you're going to have to leave my house." Marcus said to Jorge as if he wasn't tied to a chair.

"Looks like you've been having fun." Newt spoke to Thomas while I walked over and stood beside Minho.

"Listen. I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay?" Jorge stated. "Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?"

"Wait, this is Marcus?" Thomas asked.

Marcus, the slinthead, laughed. "The kid catches on quick. Are you the brains of the operation?"

Marcus groaned as Jorge grabbed hold of his hair and pulled his head.

"I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me, and I'll make you a deal." Jorge spoke lowly. Marcus giggled. "You can come with us."

"I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal." That little rat better not have. "You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity."

"What's he talking about?" Newt asked curiously.

"I'm talking about supply and demand." Marcus replied. "WICKED wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then, later, WICKED comes in, they separate the wheat from the chaff."

"I changed my mind, hermano. I do enjoy hurting you." Jorge hit Marcus across the face and the chair he was tied to fell backwards.

While Marcus groaned, Jorge pulled out a gun and crouched over him. He held the gun to Marcus' face.

"Talk!" He ordered. "Talk! Talk!"

"Okay, okay! Jesus!" Marcus shouted. "But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around."

Fry helped Jorge lift Marcus back up.

"They have an outpost in the mountains." Marcus sighed. "But it's a long way away. You've got half of WICKED on your ass. You're never gonna make it."

"Not on foot." Jorge stated with a smirk. He leaned closer to Marcus. "Where's Bertha?"

Marcus had a pained look on his face, maybe from being punched. "Not Bertha."

---

TURNS OUT BERTHA was a car. Quite a big one, too.