Chapter 16

Y/n's POV:

Y/n's POV:

I leaned against Luke as Julie's little brother, Carlos barged into the studio.

"Hey, Julie. Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures?" Carlos showed Julie the picture. "I... I think they're ghosts."

Carlos looked around and put his hands on his hips.

"But don't worry. This room is... is... This room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies." Carlos nodded as his hands slid off of his hips.

Luke stood up and walked in front of Carlos.

"Wrong again, little dude." Luke laughed and walked back over by me sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Have no fear. If they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house." Carlos said.

I shook my head knowing that he was full of it.

"Isn't Dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie turned her body towards Carlos.

"There can be two. Dad needs all the help he can get, right?" Carlos said, scratching his temple in embarrassment." Well, according to the internet, salt burns their souls out. A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here"

Carlos showed Julie the salt shaker. He then started sprinkling the salt. I lifted my feet onto the couch closet to Luke, Luke pulled his guitar closer to his body along with Reggie. Carlos then started throwing the salt and it hit Alex.

"No! Oh! Oh God." Alex started but started looking at his hands and then his body. "I'm... I'm fine. I'm fine. Totally fine."

Julie looked at Fynn then nodded towards the door.

"Oh! Carlos, you know who's hungry? Me. Um, salt me a path to the kitchen." Flynn stood up from the chair.

I breathed heavily, thanking god that the salt thing was a myth.

"Phew!" Alex sighed, putting his hand on his chest.

"You alright there Alex?" I asked, tucking my legs towards my chest.

Julie looked at each of us.

"Shall we try this again?" She asked, putting her fingers on the keys.

"Yes, please. But remind us later. There's some Sunset Curve songs that we wanna show you." Luke said, grabbing his notebook and setting it next to me.

"Ooh! Show me now." Julie said, putting her hands in her lap.

"Yeah, okay." Luke looked at his journal. "Home Is Where My Horse Is?" Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."

Luke put the paper to the side and opened his notebook.

"That was a gift." Reggie said, grabbing the paper and setting it on the piano.