Chapter 14: Feelings

♦ ♢ ♦ Xavier ♦ ♢ ♦

A whole week passes of us fooling about.

And can I just say... why the fuck am I enjoying this so much?

Making her glare at me for being dirty and naughty is my new pass time. If I'm not on ice, I'm somehow hanging out with her.

For show purposes.

Not really.

Also, we've kept the physical... you know, aspect on the low.

But now, she sits on my lap all the time during lunch. New development. Ain't complaining as much as I should be. Especially because Terrence always looks murderous when she does that. Like right now.

I eat my lunch as my table talks. Or rather, Kaitlyn feeds me my food as the table talks. I know. Cringe. But I'm not having to do any work so... it works well for me.

"Will you let me play tomorrow, Captain?" Collin asks excitedly.

"I'll see bud. We play against Florida state school, and we haven't played much against them. I'll ask coach to put you in for some exposure, okay?"

Collin smiles happily. "That's awesome. Thank you."

"Oh, he's so cute," Luna and Kaitlyn gush over Collin, who blushes.

I control the urge to constrict my arm around her waist.

Wait, am I jealous of a 15 year old?

Noooo...

Pfft.

Pfft.

Where is that thought even coming from?

"Can't wait to crush our first match," Hawk smirks.

"You bet your ass we will," I say.

Kaitlyn gasps, making me pull her back into me on reflex. Something splatters my food and I look to see a football threw the food everywhere. On everyone.

I look over my shoulder through the gasps and murmurs, to see Connor snickering before he schools his expression, fainting innocence.

I take Kaitlyn's chin, turning her toward me to see her scrunching her nose. "I've got food everywhere," she says.

"Same," Luna says. They both look at each other, then chuckle.

It's nice that they are making a joke out of this, because either of them would have been offended, Stilton's head was getting bashed.

I help Kaitlyn off my lap and stand up. She grabs my arm. "Hey, don't do anything to that asshole," she's got determination in her eyes. "They only want us to react."

I nod. "One second." Because I'm the only one who didn't get splashed and I'd rather make myself useful.

I walk over to the football table, getting attention from all the students because well, these idiots love it when hockey and football players butt heads.

Connor's eyes widen, even as he tries to hid it. "What do you want, asshole," Terrence growls instead. "Keep to your little hole and go shoo."

"Last time I checked, Terrence, a football had been thrown at my table," I drawl. "I wonder who was so fucking idiotic, they didn't use any other ball instead."

Connor slaps his forehead. Then his eyes widen as he looks at me.

Dumb fucker.

I give him a lazy smile and walk over to his side, watching him piss himself. I don't punch him, though it's really cute when he closes his eyes like he's about to kiss my fist. Instead, I grab his tissues and walk away.