Chapter 3

"So that's the Safe Zone huh?" uttered Matthew while looking astonished at his surroundings.

"Wanna grab some equipment?" suggested Adrian with a shrug and Matthew nodded in excitement. Even at the most dreadful situations, Matthew always knew how to go with the flow. The smile always returning on his face.

"Yeah, let's go!"

Both of them walked straight forward to the Equipment Ground. There, you could find lots of different types of clothing, weapons and items.

"Looks like the Gods have a heart after all," thought Matthew out loud as he looked over at the many and interesting things this Ground could offer, "It's almost like a shop."

He walked closer towards the clothing section and read the strange words right above the clothes.

"Tria maxime... Hey, Adrian, isn't this Latin?" asked Matthew and Adrian nodded his head.

"It means, three at most," explained Adrian as he looked around him. Most people already choosing their own clothes and items.

"That reminds me... Before we teleport here, didn't we also heard a voice?" wondered Matthew, recalling the words of the supernatural voice.

"Ab astris ad terram, ego numquam inveniar," voiced Adrian a few seconds later the exact same words both of them — if not everyone — heard before teleporting inside the tower.

"What does it mean...?"

Adrian's eyebrows frowned as he crossed his arms in deep thought, "From the stars to the earth, I will never be found," he finally answered, "What could that possibly mean...?"

"I don't know... But for some reason, I feel like this was the so called First," blurted out Matthew and Adrian let out a sigh.

"I dunno... Whatever, let's get this over with," said Adrian and Matthew nodded his head, now grabbing a spruce blue tight long sleeve T-shirt, a white jacket to carry his items and a pair of black boots. Adrian who was watching him closely took a similar type of clothing. He always had a habit of copping Matthew.

Once they finished with their clothing, they both walked towards the item section.

"Ardens Gehenna...," muttered Matthew as he took into his hands a beautiful and seemingly delicate bottle of glass. It was filled with an unusual red and orange liquid, as if lava itself was inside of it.

He took it without a second thought and kept searching for any other useful item. He couldn't find anything to his interest until his gaze met with a strange polished black stone. He couldn't quite explain it, but a very strong feeling washed over him once his eyes landed on it. It was as if it was calling his name over and over again. Matthew's head became filled only with this specific thought and the next second, before he knew it, the stone was inside the pocket of his jacket.

"Have you finished with shopping?" questioned Adrian and Matthew gave him a thumbs up. It was about time that both of them had to go to the Training Ground.

~~~

"Ok, I've got this...,"

Matthew closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. His nervousness slowly calming down. His mind blocking completely the annoying voices and sounds from his surroundings. He raised slowly his right hand and finally opened his eyes that were overflowing with determination.

But the determination soon became disappointment once he couldn't see anything.

Once more, Matthew couldn't control his power.

"Why... Why can't I do it?"

"When you unleashed your power, we were attacked by those flying nails. Maybe you need to feel adrenaline in order to control it," suggested his best friend and Matthew's eyes furrowed in dismay, "Let's get on to it, I'll try to attack you and you'll try to unleash your power."