Chapter 12

"Gambling? That was your option?"

"Anjali, how many times do I have to tell you that I made a mistake"

"Shyam, a mistake is something you do once or maybe twice, but if you continue to do it, it's not a mistake, it's a habit"

"What are you trying to say?"

"I am trying to say that you are an addict and you need help"

"I don't need help. I was going through a bad phase that's all"

"You opened the casino with Javed. So how can you say it was a phase?"

"I am done giving you explanations Anjali, so do whatever you want to do. If you want to leave me for it, then go ahead"

Shyam purposely tried to make it hard for Anjali. If she leaves him, his plan will be much easier. He just has to poke Arnav to kick Khushi out of the house.

"Shyam, you have gone mad. Until you are ready to accept that you have a problem, I am not going to come into this room, I will be happy in one of the guest rooms as I have been sleeping for the last week or so"

Ever since Shyam was discharged and came home, Anjali moved out of her room. She was mad at him for hiding all this and wanted him to admit that he has a gambling problem. But Shyam had other plans. He knew if he go against Anjali, she'll eventually be tried and will take a decision.

Anjali walked out of her room and thought to go and talk to Arnav about this. Maybe he can shed some light. She knew the ideal person is Akash but Akash and Payal have been living at Payal's parent's house at the moment as her mother suffered a heart attack.

"Do you have anything in mind? I mean, how we should address this?"

"Khushi, believe me, I have been thinking a lot but I can't seem to find a way out of this"

Arnav and Khushi were sitting at their usual spot while having coffee when Anjali walked in. No one at Raizada house knew about these little meetings. As soon as Anjali saw them together, she felt happy, she felt relieved.

Khushi is someone she loves from the bottom of her heart and Arnav is someone she would want to see settled. A few times she felt she is doing something wrong by pushing these two together without knowing their feelings but seeing them like this gave her hope.

Arnav heard a noise from the back and turned around.

"Who is there?"

"Arnav, it's me"

"Oh Di, come in"

Khushi quickly got up and straightened herself. She felt embarrassed as she didn't expect anyone to come there at this time.

"It's ok Khushi, you can sit. I won't take a lot of your time"

"No, no Anjali Di, I was just leaving. You guys carry on"

"It's ok Khushi, you can stay. Maybe you can help me too"

"What happened Di?"

Arnav asked while getting up.

"It's Shyam"

"Jiju? What's wrong with Jiju?"

Arnav looked at Khushi while asking. Both of them sat down beside Anjali as they knew this was something they would want to know.

"He is not getting it. He is an addict and he needs help"

"Maybe there is a reason behind why he did all this?"

"I am tired of asking him the question Arnav. He beats around the bush but does not give me an answer to why he did this"

"Anjali Di, did you try telling him his life could be in danger because of these black market loans? He might answer if knew the depth of the situation"