the almost ending (2)

.✧ ➤ ❝  the almost ending ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘:  1st october 2018𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: LA, California

𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: LA, California

"well, thank you for being honest with us, but i hope you understand that it might be a little too late for that," the leader of the pr team said over the laptop and yuri managed to nod, tears filling her eyes. "we'll let you know what we can do after we discuss this. until then, do not leave your hotel room unless you're told to."

"what about interviews and concerts?" she asked.

"you'll be escorted there with your bodyguards, your manager," he said, "we will make sure you wont be asked about this situation in an interview and as for concerts, you'll have to endure angry fans until they calm down. we'll put out a statement on your behalf."

"wait, can't i know what you're going to say?"

"you'll get to see it before it's put out but don't make changes to it. we're just going to say that the dating rumours are correct but we can't talk about the other allegations until we talk it through with the legal team."

"but then people are going to think i actually did do that. that's not fair—"

"you're in no place to tell us what's fair and what's not. you're own mistakes led you to this point. the public will calm down over time."

"if you say that i need to take accountability and that i'm not a kid, then stop treating me like a kid. i want to clear my name. he's lying and getting away with it."

"you're in a situation where others have lost their jobs," he said sternly, "you should be lucky you haven't yet. let us handle this our way if you want to even have chance at keeping your job."

the call ended before she could get another word in.

feeling defeated and lost, she looked to her manager by her side for any sort of help or comfort but he just looked at her with a sad expression, "i'm sorry, this is beyond my control. i have no say in this."