Chapter 21

At the scene of the competition, the atmosphere was relaxed and lively. The elders did not intentionally restrain anyone, but Shen Qiqi's eccentric behavior was like a drop of water suddenly splashing into a hot pan, causing a buzzing discussion.

Someone asked puzzled, "What's the meaning of her strange posture? What's with the stick and the charge?"

"I don't know. Could it be some kind of unique spell incantation?" another person guessed cautiously.

"Rumor has it that the two of them don't get along. Could it be that Shen Qiqi's actions are cursing Liu Shuang to lose the competition?" another person speculated.

"But I heard that their relationship has been close recently! Didn't Miss Shen just speak up for Miss Liu Shuang earlier?" another person added.

The crowd sighed, "The relationship between these two is really complicated!"

Amidst the chaotic rumors and gossip, Liu Shuang crossed through the dense crowd and smiled at Shen Qiqi from a distance. Her black hair was dyed golden by the morning sun, shining with a warm light.

Shen Qiqi was stunned for a moment, blinked her eyes, and slowly lowered her hands from her head, covering her chest.

If only Senior sister doesn't turn dark.

She curled up into a ball, her heart pounding wildly in her palm with inexplicable emotions.

... It would be great to just be a gentle and charming little white flower like this.

Fu Luo watched coldly, a trace of resentment flashing in her eyes, "Are we going to compete or not?"

Liu Shuang turned around and said lightly, "Senior sister Fu, please go first."

Fu Luo unfastened a long whip from her side and held it tightly in her hand, threateningly saying, "I won't go easy on you!"

Liu Shuang put her hands in her sleeves, smiling faintly, "Please spare me, Senior sister Fu."

"Hmph, show me your magical weapon then!"

"No need," Liu Shuang said, "I'll go empty-handed."

"Just dealing with a small Foundation Establishment cultivator, there's no need to be so extravagant."

Fu Luo immediately frowned, gripping the whip in her hand tightly until it bent like a mosquito coil, making a creaking sound. "What do you mean? Are you looking down on me?"

Liu Shuang glanced at her with some surprise and said indifferently, "Senior sister Fu is overthinking it. If I were to use it, you wouldn't need to stand here."

While other disciples would use their own treasures when fighting each other to show mutual respect, Liu Shuang chose to fight empty-handed, which was tantamount to declaring to the world - I can deal with you even without any weapon.

Upon hearing this, everyone looked at each other.

"Why is Liu Shuang so arrogant today?"

"I guess it's because she has Shen Qiqi backing her up..."

Shen Qiqi was also extremely surprised. In the original novel, the female lead fought against Fu Luo using her own treasure sword in the Qi Refining stage and naturally lost. She was supposed to be ridiculed and mocked by everyone in public and almost expelled from the inner sect.

Fortunately, Qin Qing came forward to speak for her and protected her, allowing her to avoid further ridicule.

However, because of this, Liu Shuang was isolated by many of Qin Qing's admirers, who spread rumors and described her as a promiscuous woman, causing her to be disgraced by everyone.