Chapter 37

"Two Senior/junior sisters!"

When Zhao Ke hurriedly arrived, he saw the scene in front of him: Shen Qiqi and Liu Shuang standing on either side, back facing each other, neither looking at the other.

He opened his mouth to ask Liu Shuang but saw her standing there quietly, her figure shining like the moon in the sky, her profile cold and aloof, with a hint of indifference that seemed to have stripped her of all emotions and desires, as if she would not give any to anyone else once she had left Shen Qiqi.

Sensing his gaze, Liu Shuang glanced at him coldly, her eyes as sharp as a sword.

Zhao Ke promptly swallowed his words and turned to find Shen Qiqi.

" Junior sister!"

On the other side, Shen Qiqi was staring blankly at the dissipating black mist, looking lost in thought.

At the sound of his voice, she turned her head and said dryly, "Senior Brother Zhao."

Seeing her face clearly, Zhao Ke was surprised and asked, "Did you just cry?"

Shen Qiqi's face was as white as paper, but her eyes were red and fragile. She shook her head and rubbed her face a few times, pulling out a failed smile, "Senior Brother, how are you? Are you injured?"

"No," Zhao Ke said, "but what about you two? Were you okay just now?" He looked sneakily at Liu Shuang in front of them.

Shen Qiqi answered evasively, "Senior Brother, don't worry about us... The mirage turtle is already dead."

Zhao Ke nodded, hesitated for a moment and asked, "What was that black mist just now?"

Shen Qiqi lied again with an excuse she had used before, with a calm face, "It's my personal magic weapon." The black mist was not meant to harm her but to help her, but the owner of the mist was reluctant to show themselves, perhaps because they had something to hide. By concealing their existence, they could avoid unnecessary suspicion.

Seeing that she seemed normal, Zhao Ke didn't pursue the matter too much. He took out a clean handkerchief from his sleeve and wanted to help her wipe her face.

As he reached out, he suddenly felt a sharp gaze behind him, like a thorn in his back.

Zhao Ke trembled and quickly stuffed the handkerchief into Shen Qiqi's arms, "Junior sister, you can wipe your eyes yourself!"

Shen Qiqi obediently thanked him and wiped the dirt and tears off her face one by one, then hesitated with the handkerchief, "Senior Brother, should I wash this and return it to you?"

Zhao Ke shivered and tried to minimize his presence, whispering, "No need, you can keep it, Junior sister."

Shen Qiqi didn't insist and casually put the handkerchief in her pocket.

After the Mirage Turtle died, only a pile of ashes remained in place, blown into the air by the passing wind, resembling gray snowflakes in the bright light.

The two approached the pile of ashes and saw a round object embedded deep within the ashes, emitting a faint glow.

Zhao Ke used magic to peel away the ashes bit by bit, revealing a round bead about the size of a palm, with a pale golden color and a layer of lustrous light.

He held his breath and muttered, "This is the Mirage Turtle's inner core!"

Shen Qiqi's pupils reflected a faint amber color from the glow. She bit her lip and looked at Zhao Ke. "Senior Brother Zhao, can I have this inner core for now? I need it urgently..."