𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Chapter 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 is published on Webnovel

"WHAT!" Aadhya and Navya both exclaimed as soon as I finished recounting the details of my lunch with Ruhaan.

"Stop yelling; it's embarrassing," I said, attempting to lower my head.

We were at our usual restaurant when I disclosed what had transpired the day before.

"Why didn't you tell us yesterday that you had a lunch date with Ruhaan Rajput?" Navya whispered, almost yelling.

"It wasn't a lunch date, and I didn't want to steal your spotlight. It was a big day for you," I explained.

They both sighed and settled back in their seats.

"Wait, tell us everything from the start," Aadhya leaned forward, placing her hands on the table, with Navya following suit.

Rolling my eyes, I narrated everything from our first meeting to Ruhaan dropping me back at the office.

"Aahhhh, it's so cute!" Navya gushed as soon as I finished, earning another eye roll from me. It's just a temporary connection until we complete their hotel project; afterwards, everything will return to normal.

"Well, I'll see you both later. I have a meeting after lunch, so bye." I hugged them and headed towards my office.

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

Exiting the meeting with Mrs. Dixit regarding the Rajput project, where she wanted updates, I was relieved to find we had made significant progress. A meeting with Ruhaan could be scheduled soon.

Heading back to the main hall, we aimed to complete the project by tomorrow. Currently, we were working on the swimming pool structure, catering to the client's desire for both indoor and outdoor options.

Sleep deprivation had taken its toll on me; I felt like I could fall asleep with just a blink. Perhaps a cup of coffee would help. I stood up and offered coffee to the team, but they declined. I made my way to the coffee maker.

"Hey, get me a coffee in my cabin," a familiar, unpleasant voice came from behind.

Turning around, I saw Ishani, my office rival, known for her attempts to belittle me. She resented me for getting the team manager promotion that she had coveted.

"You're not a princess here; get it yourself," I retorted.

"Do not defy me; I am ordering you to get me coffee, so go get it," she demanded with her high-pitched voice.

"You're not my boss. Last time I checked, you can shove your orders up your ass." Saying this, I walked away, leaving her fuming.

With my coffee in hand, I returned to the main room to continue our work.

After nearly an hour, we wrapped up the basic details. "Okay, guys, good night," I announced, gathering my belongings. They wished me back as they packed their bags.

Entering my cabin, I prepared to leave early. I eagerly looked forward to the weekend.

I reached home after enduring the infamous Mumbai traffic. After a cold shower, I had a simple dinner of yesterday's leftover roti and aloo sabzi.

Mindlessly wandering around the house post-dinner, I remembered Mr. Rajput had given me his number. I debated whether to text him or not. After a while, I decided to take the chance.

Hello Mr. Rajput,
This is Tarini Verma.
I hope I am not disturbing you.

I sent the message, apprehensive about the response. Trying to distract myself, I picked up a book I had been meaning to read for a while. After reading for half an hour, I put the book down, fearing I would be unable to stop.

I turned off silent mode and kept my phone on the night stand and adjusted the AC temperature before going to sleep.

_______________________________________________________

Hello hope you all had/having an amazing day

Vote and comment

Thank you

Love
Diya💗