𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Check out webnovel for further chapters, pls like and comment

II adore Mumbai; truly, I do. However, the rapid pace of this city wears me out. Well, I can't complain too much, as it was my choice to embrace this lifestyle. Anyhow, staying here is still preferable to being with my family. Actually, staying anywhere is better than being with my family.

Today, we resolved to finalize Ruhaan's hotel project. All that remains is to present him with the designs and ascertain if he has any modifications in mind.

I just arrived home, later than my usual time, as we waited for the project to reach its conclusion.

Now, as I reflect, I wonder if Ruhaan will continue to engage with me after the project wraps up. Yes, he did ask me out, but will there be any progress beyond the project? While he's familiar with me due to our work collaboration, what happens next?

Goodness! I'm acting as if I've never been on a date or had a crush before. I think I need some wine, but first, a cold shower.

After a refreshing shower, I changed into olive green pyjamas and headed to the kitchen to prepare some pasta. I prefer red sauce pasta over white or pink. It only took about ten minutes to whip it up.

Plating the pasta, I grated some Parmesan cheese over it and placed the dish on the counter with a fork. I retrieved a wine glass and a bottle from the cabinet, pouring myself some wine.

While designing my apartment, I made a deliberate choice to embed the cabinets within the wall instead of mounting them on it. This prevented my kitchen from looking even smaller than it already is, and it saved me from countless head bumps.

Grabbing my MacBook and AirPods from my office bag, I headed to the balcony, placing them on the coffee table. Returning to the kitchen, I collected my pasta and wine.

Calling Aadhya and Navya, I set up my laptop on a pillow on my lap, legs propped up on another beside it, and plugged in my AirPods. As they joined the call, Navya, with her mouth full, greeted me.

Swallowing, I reminded her, "How many times do I have to tell you not to speak with your mouth full?" She just smiled, and I shook my head, taking a sip of wine.

"Red wine! What's the occasion?" Navya asked, squinting at me.

"I'll tell you when the other one joins. Why hasn't she picked up the call yet, though?" I inquired. Just as I finished my sentence, Aadhya joined the call.

"Hey, guys! I was in the bathroom; that's why I'm late," she explained while moving around her kitchen.

"I have something to tell you both," I said, placing my plate on the table and my laptop on the pillow.

They both stopped what they were doing and focused on me.

"Today, when you both left the restaurant, leaving me and Ruhaan alone, we talked for a bit. He mentioned that he didn't want to be an asshole for texting late, so he came to meet me to clear that out. It became awkward for me because I didn't know how to react, and it overwhelmed me because he took special measures to come and talk to me. Later, he asked if I was free tomorrow, and I said yes. Then he said, 'WILL YOU LIKE TO GO OUT WITH ME?' I screamed the last part, realizing that he had actually asked me out, and I couldn't process the whole thing due to work.

"BRO, WHATTTTT?" they both screamed, bringing their faces close to the screen.

"Yes, oh my god, I just started processing it," I said with a deep breath.

"We are so happy for you," Navya exclaimed, bouncing on her couch. Aadhya nodded in agreement, and I smiled at them.

"But isn't it too fast? We've barely met 2-3 times, and the other times were only related to work. What happens after the project is over? All of this is too scary," I confessed.

"Tarini, it's okay; it's normal," Aadhya reassured me.

"And if he asked you out, there must be something, right? After the project is over, we'll see what happens. There's no harm in going with the flow, right?" Navya added with a small smile.

"Navya is right. Forget about all this and focus on your date tomorrow. There's no harm in testing the waters. If things don't go right, it's fine. Let's just think 'it was meant to happen, so it did' and move on," Aadhya said, with Navya nodding in agreement.

Oh my God, what would I have done without them in my life.

"Thank you, guys," I smiled at them.

"So, coming back to the date, where is it? What time? What clothes are you wearing?" Navya bombarded me with her questions.

"Well, I don't know anything. The only thing he told me was he is coming to pick me up at 7 and told me to wear something comfortable," I said while I resumed eating my pasta.

"So dry," Aadhya said, making a funny face, while Navya and I laughed.

"But now I don't know what he means by comfortable. Like comfortable as in homeless comfortable or 'ghar ke kapde' comfortable, or something cool comfortable," I said, sighing and sipping my wine.

'Ghar ke kapde' means home clothes.

"Obviously cool comfortable, idiot. You'll ruin your reputation if you wear 'ghar ke kapde' comfortable in front of him," Navya said, shaking her head as if I'm dumb.

"Okay, so now I'm going into the room, and I'll search for something to wear for tomorrow so I save myself time tomorrow," I said, holding my laptop in my left hand and an empty plate in my right hand, with the wine glass on top of the plate.

I kept the dishes in the sink and moved towards my room and to the closet I had designed. I placed my laptop on the vanity table so they could see me.

We were talking about stuff while simultaneously searching for something to wear tomorrow. After about 30 minutes, I found something to wear.

I kept my clothes aside and searched for what to wear to the office tomorrow, as it's Saturday. We don't have a day off, but we can wear informal clothes and leave 1 hour early than our usual time, so that's still a plus.

We three wished each other good night and ended the call. I went to the bathroom, did my night routine, and went to bed.
_______________________________________________________

Well hope you all liked the chapter

Suggestions are always open

If you find any error please inform me

Comment and vote

Thank you

Love
Diya💗