A Chaos

Calcutta :

It was early morning but the sun was nowwhere to be seen. Maybe it had wrapped itself under the clouds to get saved from the chilly winter just like the people whom didnt dare to let go of their warm blanket. Little to no people could be seen on the streets except for few whom have no choice as they cant make their ends meet without working. Even them had wrapped themselves up with so many layers of cloths as if they are in north pole. They shivered and cussed the sun as they went torwards their destination. In this chilly winter, someone was sweating profusely as he stood on the hanging balcony. His grip on the railing starts to get lose as his hand sweats thanks to all the stress Anirudh had in his mind. Why wouldnt he stress? After-all it is his first job interview and his boss if he gets the job is none other than Bikrom mollik. The famouse Barrister about whom he had heard about in college. He was many of Anirudh's friends inspiration to be a Barrister. Even the britishers think 10 times before fighting a case against him as he hasn't lost a single case in his whole life. If Anirudh can work under him and get under his wing it can change the graph of his career forever but the issue is, any intern whom had tried to work under him couldnt even surpass a month. Most of them get fired within a week or the interns quit themselves due to Bikrom's temper and puncuality. Some say he doesnt even show his (Bikrom) anger. His aura is enough to put shiver down your spine. Anirudh had called his friend whom had worked under Bikrom in the morning. The words that came out of his friends mouth made Anirudh more nervous. Will he he able to satisfy Bikrom and get the job?

Meanwhile, Bondita was busy taking a shower as tangeled thoughts fought in her head. They don't have anything to cook food? How will she feed Anirudh before he leaves? They dont have any food inside the house either.

Bondita : Patibabu bhi na! Agar kal sab kharid lete toh abhi itna chinta nahi karni padhti. Abhi bina cheezo ke kaise khana pakau main? Unke interview ke liye nikalneka wakt bhi hogaya....Areh UNKE INTERVIEW KE LIYE NIKALNEKA WAKT BHI HOGAYA! Kitni der se tu andar hain Bondita? (Slapping her forhead) Jaldi jaldi nikalna padega!

She said while pouring the water from the mug on her head for one last time. She immediately got out of the shower and draped herself on a simple cotton sari. She looked at her sari collections confusingly as she gently dried her long black hair. Most of her saris are either heavy muslin or silk with gold embroidery. But whats the point of wearing such heavy sari in here? Kaka rarely let her buy light saris as he belived clothing also represents their status and Jamindars. But Bondita didnt felt like showing her Jamindar bou status. But she doesn't have any light saris for outings either so she gives up and wears a green Baluchori saree. As she draps her sari she calls Anirudh but as Anirudh's head was filled with thoughts, the words from Bondita's mouth didnt buzzed him. Bondita gets confused and calls him again.

Bondita : Patibabu!

Anirudh : Haan bolo Bondita!

Anirudh replies after finally coming back to his senses. He then rushes inside the house as he talks with Bondita.

Anirudh : Haan bolo....

Bondita : Kya bolu main? Apne bola tha subhe hote hi ap bazar se Bason-koson (Utensils) aur sabzia lake denge. Yaad hain?

Bondita said furiously as she rubbed oil on her black luscious hair. Anirudh stops in the living room and bites his tounge as he remembers his words.

Anirudh : Oh haan! Yeh toh ekdam mere dimag se nikal hi gaya.....

Bondita : Bina cheezo ke kaise khana pakaungi main? Ab kya bina khaye piye jayenge ap interview main? Kya hua? jawab kyu nahi de rahe ap? Patibabu?