6.

now playing: how you get the girl - taylor swift
————————————————-
the entire school week that followed was probably one of the most exciting weeks you've ever experienced at south park. and now, it was the second most exciting day: semi-finals eve.

the hallways were constantly booming with seniors drumming on the lockers, or whooping and cheering during the short passing periods. the student council, which wendy was the president of, had decorated the school with banners saying "go cows!", and the sophomores and freshmen were posting all over social media about their school making semi-finals.

as for the juniors? well, unsurprisingly, south park was a very small school, and surprisingly, the junior class (plus a handful of freshmen and seniors) was the most athletic class in the school.

so naturally, it fell upon them to represent the school in sports. which, honestly, was a lot of work. some people (clyde) played 3 sports all year round for south park high.

as you walked through the bustling hallways with bebe and heidi, people seemed to slightly part to make room for you two to walk. it was like moses parting the red sea. some sophomore girls walked past, eagerly waving at the 3 of you, hoping to get at least a smile.

"hey, beauties!"
"you look sooooo good today, heidi, is that a new sweater?"
"bebe! curl routine?"
"y/nnn!! i heard that kenny mccormick is scoping you out-!"

the other girls shoved the girl calling out to you down the hallway as they ran off, giggling like maniacs. you rolled your eyes at the last girl calling out to you.

you thought kenny was cute and smooth with his flirtatious remarks, but he really wasn't your type.

plus, you had someone else in your sights.

when you thought about it, your type almost matched kyle's description. that made you internally double-take. there were those thoughts again.

you thought about the response kyle had given to your text last night. he had responded almost immediately, as well.

kyley b😡: sounds good!! the owner is my dad's best friend from college, i bet i could get us a discount ;)

he had even matched your energy with the winky smiley face! that was a big green flag for you.

you shook the thoughts away and returned to reality, where bebe was going off about the underclassmen.

"these sophomores are driving me insane! i mean, i get that we're on the popular side, but jesus christ, they think we're some gods!" she remarked, twirling around the gold rings she had on her fingers. you and heidi just shrugged.

ever since you became friends with wendy and bebe's group in 4th grade, everyone started to practically worship the ground you walked on,
and that mostly included the 3rd grade girls.

while yes, it did feel good to be noticed and loved, sometimes it was a bit suffocating.

heidi adjusted the straps on her backpack as she motioned towards the sweater she was wearing, "they always compliment my sweater..i've had this since freshman year."

you smiled at your brunette friend, "it's a cute sweater, heids, they aren't wrong."

"you're the best, y/n."