INTRODUCTION

.
.
.
.
.
.

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

CLICK

The cars turn signal keeps going as Katherine is pulled over on the side of the road breathing heavy. Her forehead leaned on the steering wheel for support as the clicking makes her head hurt more.

Leaning back her bruised face comes into view as she stares into the rear view mirror.

Her fingers delicately touch the fresh mark on her cheek before sliding to the finger prints on her throat. Tears brimming her eyes as she remembered where she had gotten them from.

With a shaky hand Katherine grabs her cellphone dialing a number she knew by heart. She only had one person in the world she wanted to speak to. She knew it was a mistake....

She knew he wouldn't want to hear a thing from her, but he didn't have this new number blocked yet.

It's late at night as the clock is long past midnight, Katherine's hands shaking as she prays to whatever god that the boy would answer.

He does....

"Hello?" He says sleepily into the phone making Katherine's throat clench shut and her eyes to widen. She hadn't heard him speak in a long time, his voice sounded deeper from sleep and stress.

"B-Bradley?" She says into the phone with a stutter and not even a moment later the call was hung up. Katherine already knew what would happen if she tried to call it again but she still tried. It of course was blocked making her tears fall more as she rests her head on the steering wheel once more.

How had she gotten herself here?