CHAPTER ONE

.
.
.
.
.
.

A loud thud rings out into the apartment as Katherine's body hits the ground followed by a yelp

A loud thud rings out into the apartment as Katherine's body hits the ground followed by a yelp. A kick coming right to her rib cage making her muffle a pained scream. The man does it again and again, and again, and again.

Katherine can't help the wheeze that leaves her as she painfully holds her side once the blows have stopped.

The man's back faces her, he is very tall and muscular his jaw line sharp, his eyes were cold and harsh. His face was tense and frowning like usual as he sighs turning to face the much smaller girl on the ground who wheezes in agony.

"I don't like hitting you kitten- but I tell you when I'm mad you just- you gotta walk away." He says it as if he's sorry but his words are sharp and false.

Katherine tried to walk away but he had grabbed her throwing her to the floor for walking away from him. He said those exact words.... "DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ME WHEN IM TALKING TO YOU!" He had bellowed, maybe he didn't remember these facts after the incident. He once told Katherine he blacked out and did not mean to do these things.

He always said sorry.

He always tried to make up for it.

And Katherine let it go because she was scared of him, scared of what he would do if she even tried to leave him again. They shared this apartment, he constantly ruined her things if he wasn't hurting her.

But- she finally had enough.

"It's okay Jason.... I know... it was an accident." She breaths out between the words as the pain kept rising.

Jason crouches down and helps her up, he had to go to his job soon hence the apology before he left. He was scared she'd pull another incident of trying to run away again like she did last time.

But he found her like he always did.

Her car was parked on the side of the road and she was crying while holding her cell phone. Jason practically ripped the car door open dragging her from the car and pinning her against it that night. She kneed him in the dick and ran away, at first he had doubled in pain-.... But he chased her down.

Then he brought her home punishing her more and she hadn't tried to leave since, because he always apologized before leaving the house.

He figured that was enough to make her stay.

"I gotta get going or I'll be late for my next shift on base..... you going to be alright?" He asks as the girl smiles softly and nods.

"I'll uh- I'll wait up for you. I'll have your favorite dinner ready too." She insists making him put a caring hand on her cheek as she tried not to flinch from his touch.