Chapter 11

"Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will" - Elaine Davis

Kaylee's POV

I was sitting in Ash's couch while he was in his office. I heard footsteps running into the living room. "Kaylee" I looked up from my phone once I heard Lily. She jumped in my lap. "Yes, ma'am" I said. Before she could say something Luke came running down. "Kaylee" he also jumped on my lap.
"Can you read this for us" he handed me a book. "Green eggs and ham" i said what was on the cover. I opened it to the first page and started ready.
While I was in the middle of reading Lily grabbed my arm. "What is this" she ran her finger down my arm. I looked at where she was looking. She was talking about my scars. "I used to hurt myself" i said. They turned to me. "Why"
I didn't know what to say. No one has ever asked me this question. "I wasn't happy" I said. "Why"
"I didn't have a family like you" I said. "You had no daddy" I shook my head. "My dad left when I was born" I said. "What about your mommy"
"She did bad things, that I can't tell you" they nodded their head. I looked up and saw Ash standing there. "Why don't y'all go play" he started walking towards us. The twins jumped up off my lap and ran to there room.
I looked down at his hands and saw a photo. He sat down beside me. He didn't look at me. He kept looking at the photo. "This is my ex wife" he handed me the photo.
     It was a picture with him, the kids, and who I am guessing is his wife. "She died in a car accident when the kids were only 2 months old" I placed the picture on the table and held his hand. I laid my head on his shoulder.
     "I wish you could meet her" he said. "She would love you" I looked to him. I placed my hand on his cheek and turned his head to look at me. "I love you" I said, this wasn't the first time we said I love you to each other. "I love you too" I kissed him on the lips.
     We were sitting in the kitchen eating. "Our birthday next week" I looked up from my food. "Really" I said. They nodded there head. "What are y'all going to do" I said. "Party, you coming right" Lily said. I made it look like I was thinking. "I don't know, will there be food" i said.
     "Yes" they said in unison. "Then I will come" they stared clapping and smiling. "Yay" Ash grabbed my thigh from under the table. I looked over to him and smiled.
     "Maybe for your next birthday, we can have a party" we were now laying in his bed. "I am a little too old for that don't you think" I wrapped my arms around his waist. "As my kids say, 'you are never to old to have a birthday party'" he said sounding like a kid.
     I laughed. "How old will you be turning" I said. "40" I sat up. "Damn, you had kids at 33" he nodded his head. " I would never" I laid back down.

Ash's POV

I woke up to kids jumping on the bed. "Get upppp" I sat up and opened my eyes. "Kaylee, wake up" Luke said. I quickly stopped them. "Let her sleep"
     "It's fine I am already awake" Luke jumped on top of me while Lily jumped on Kaylee. "Daddy when will you and Kaylee get married" Luke said. "It's too early" I said while looking at Kaylee. "It's never too early, my friends parents got married only 4 months of dating" Luke said.
     "Yea but aren't they divorced" Lily said to Luke. "Your right, it is too early" we all laughed. "Oh Mary said breakfast is ready" Lily said. We all got up and walked down the stairs. Me holding Luke while Kaylee holds lily. When we got to the kitchen Mary was putting the food in the table.
"Good morning" Kaylee said to her. We turned around and looked at her. "Good morning" we all walked to the table. "Do you need help" they started becoming close about a week ago. "No, I am fine" Kaylee nodded her head.
We all sat in our seats and started eating.
We were all in the car driving to Kaylee's apartment. I wasn't planning on bringing the kids but they really wanted to go.
When we got there we all got out the car and went to the elevator. "Don't be surprised when you see that my place is small" Kaylee said to the kids.
Kaylee opens the door and the kids went running in. "Your right it is small" Lily said. They ran to her couch and started jumping. "Y'all ready going to fall" they jumped off. "Why don't you move in with us" lily said. They looked at her and nodded.
"I can't, I love this place" Kaylee said. The kids looked at me. "It's her choice" I walked beside Kaylee. I wrapped my arm around her waist.
"Please" they said again. "It's your dads house, you ask him" she turned to look at me. "I wouldn't mind, it's your choice" we stared at each other. "Ok, I will move in with y'all" the kids jumped excitedly and hugged her. "Are you sure" I whispered to her. "Yea, I am" I pecked her on the lips.
Me and the kids decided to stay here for the night. So the next morning we could help her pack and move her things into my house. "You don't have to if you don't want to" we were now lying on her bed. "Why do you keep asking me this question" she said. "I just wanted to make sure, you weren't pressured by the kids to do it"
"They only reason I am moving in is because I love you and the kids, I promise I wasn't pressured" I said. "Ok" I kissed her on the lips for the last time tonight and we went to sleep.