Chapter Six

If you asked Emma, she'd tell you she was over the whole thing with you and Jenna. Her feelings for Jenna dissipated rapidly, but that didn't mean she wasn't still close friends with her.

It was around seven o'clock in the morning. Jenna crept out of bed, allowing you to sleep in. Emma had agreed to meet her in a cafe in the morning, so she began getting dressed as discreetly as she could for fear of waking you up. You were so drowsy that you didn't notice Jenna's warmth had vanished from the bed.

Jenna left the house and walked a few blocks to a cafe. What she was doing appeared to be sly, which it was, but she only had good intentions, and she knew that if you caught her alone with Emma, you'd definitely go crazy.

"Can I get a vanilla latte?" Jenna inquired, and the cashier rang her up, providing her with a receipt and a number so that she could retrieve her order when it was called. Jenna sat alone in the booth for a few minutes before Emma joined her.
"You know I shouldn't be here," Emma said. "Jeez, can I at least get a hello?" Jenna responds. Emma chuckles briefly before returning to her solemn expression. "What do you want, Jenna? I seriously don't want Y/n to hate me for this," Emma moans. "Well, I wanted to see you because you're still my friend, but I also need some help with Y/n," Jenna explains anxiously. "This is strange given what happened, but I'll help."  "What exactly is it?" Emma inquires.
                                _____________

To your dismay, you awoke to an empty bed. You shrugged it off, assuming Jenna was probably downstairs. You take a shower, go through Jenna's things, and put on a pair of her clothes, the ones that smelt the most like her. 

You're hungry, exhausted, and looking for the women you were in love with, regardless how hard you tried not to believe it.  "Jenna," you say loudly, your voice breaking with the change from night to dawn. She was gone.  You took out your phone and dialed her number, but she failed to answer. 

You were upset now , tears building up in your eyes.

You: wya?

Jenna: cafe

You: oh

Jenna: want anything?

You: no

You sighed and rolled your eyes. She could have woken you up and notified you so you wouldn't have wandered aimlessly around her house looking for her. You put on some shoes you found near the door and stroll to the cafe. Of course you knew where it was; Jenna had told you it was her favorite spot for ages. 
When you walk into the cafe and look around, you notice Jenna sitting in a booth across from Emma. You wanted to be understanding of the situation, but you also wanted to scream your head off. Jenna drew your attention. She motioned for you to come over, but you just stood there. Emma turned to face you, remorseful and awkwardly smiling. You stood there staring blankly before turning and walking away.

Before that

"I don't want Y/n to be just my girlfriend; I want her to be my wife someday, and I want her to trust me, but....well, you know," Jenna explains. "Well, you should've started by not sneaking out at 7 a.m. to see me," Emma says blankly. "I know, but I'm not sure if you guys are cool or not, and I don't want any drama." Jenna responds, swishing her latte in her cup. "Perhaps you should've brought her as well so we could all talk and THEN we could've had this conversation without it seeming suspicious," Emma points out.

"I'm not a sure type of person, you know that, but I do know that I love her and that you're the only one who can truly help me," Jenna responds. The bells above the door ring, and Jenna glances up to see who has entered the cafe, and it's you. She motions for you to come closer, but you just stand there staring before turning away.
_____

You wandered the sidewalks without a destination in mind because your heart felt like it was going to burst if you stopped. You couldn't help but breathe in Jenna's scent, making your heart hurt even more and bringing tears to your eyes. You tried to convince yourself that it was all in your head, that Jenna didn't like Emma and that they were just friends, but the Jimmy cricket in your head whispered otherwise.

If she wasn't being sneaky, why would she get up at seven a.m. to see Emma and not invite you along?