Chapter 41

There was a few more minutes left of the second quarter and Conner's team is up 12 points. So not that big of a difference. Still I cheered along with everyone else because we did something good, but immediately sat back down to check my phone.

'I'm here!'

'Where are you guys?'

'Do you want to meet outside or inside?'

'You got the tickets right!?'

'Okay it's going to be starting soon, just tell me when you get here and I'll let you in'

'Mom?'

Those messages along with a few calls still left me alone. I hope something didn't happen. Nothing probably happened they're just ignoring me. Do they even like me.

I squeeze myself in a hug taking a deep breath. I was so excited. I wanted to see them. I wanted to see dad and my brother. I wanted to see mama! I grab my knees attempting to ground myself. Keep the tears at bay or whatever I am feeling at the moment.

There's loud cheering and the buzzer goes off which signals halftime. I sit once again and sink back into my chair more. I'd been placed with the other special family members and partners. I think Eden had caught on to the fact that my family wasn't coming so they came and sat next to me Jessica following soon after and sitting on my other side.

Jessica lookwise seemed like one of those gorgeous blondes who everyone wanted to look like but hated their personality. She is too perfect though she has the looks and the nicest personality.

Jessica was on her feet clapping loudly for her boyfriend and Eden was as well. I put my phone away quickly standing, clapping, and shouting my boyfriend's name.

What catches me off guard though is that when the other team walks off most of the Oregon team stay on. A mic is ran onto the field and I stare absolutely confused when it's handed to my boyfriend.

"Hello wonderful people. I promise to make this super short. I would like if everybody could sing happy birthday with me and my team for my boyfriend Callum" he speaks into the microphone. While my face goes red. I shrink down and turn between the two next to me as they grab my arms, shaking me violently.

"He's out here in the front with the curly black hair and... aw he's covering his face. See how cute he is with my jersey. Texas is actually his home state and he finally got to come back which happens to be on his birthday, but damn he really does look good right now I don't know how he doesn't- and I'm being told to shut up and sing happy birthday. I had to pull a lot strings and promised lots of picture and signings for this" he explains while all eyes seem to be on me. I have Eden and Jessica basically beating on me.

He sucks in a deep breathe and dedicatedly starts to badly sing/shout happy birthday. I about cry when thousands of others join in making it loud and huge. It was huge.

Eden is singing to their heart's content hugging onto me. Jessica is rocking us while I continue to hide my face behind my hands.

With the humiliating song coming to an end Conner throws the mic to his teammate Hugo before seeming to run away from from them and towards us?

"Get up! Get up! Get up now! He's coming!" Jessica starts to pull me up and I just do as she says meeting Conner who is leaning over the concrete barrier that stands between us.

"How dare you embarrass me like this" I whisper-shout at him but he just smiles at me. I groan and move forward putting my hands on his cheeks before pulling him into a heated kiss. When I pull away I'm tuned back in by all of the screams and cheers as he tries to steal another kiss from me.