FWB.

Maya~

"Any update?" Bridget asks, walking into the nurse's station while I chart all of my current patients' orders.

"On?"

"You and Christian. Oh, he needs a code name. What about baseball? Actually, no that's too plain and simple. Too noticeable."

I shake my head, "You make my head hurt sometimes. Just call him by his name."

"Easy peasy. Now, update?"

"There's no update. He's in New York."

"When does he get back? Aren't they going into the playoffs?"

"What?"

"Maya, c'mon. They're really good this year. You've been to how many games and you didn't know they have a chance to make it pretty far?"

"I knew that..."

"No, you didn't."

"I'll text him and see what he says."

Me: What are the chances you make the playoffs
Christian: *Postseason
Christian: Pretty good, why?
Me: Curious is all
Christian: Yeah, right

"I wish you weren't right."

She laughs, "I'm always right."

As I turn into my driveway, I'm surprised to see Christian and his car as he sits in the driveway. I look at him through the window before pulling into the garage.

He gets out as I get out and get my things. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to stop by. I texted but you didn't respond."

"Rough day," I tell him honestly.

He nods before following me into my house. "You don't have a game?"

"Off day."

I take out the ice pack from my lunch bag and put it in the freezer. "I was actually hoping you'd be up for dinner. If not, it's not a big deal. But I figured I'd ask. Or we can order in if you don't want to leave the house."

This sounds awful like date material. "What were you thinking?"

"Anything. I don't have anything to do tonight and I figured you wouldn't be busy."

"Order in? I don't feel like changing into jeans after the day I had."

"Sure. Sweatpants are better anyway."

I put the rest of my stuff away, "Do you care if I shower quickly?"

"I can keep myself busy."

"I'd be worried if you couldn't."

When I get out of the shower, I hear the front door shut. Must've been our food.

I get dressed in comfier clothes. I came home in scrubs. I never do that unless I need to get out of work fast. Today was one of those days.

I brush through my hair and ring out the excess water. When I go out to my kitchen, he's trying to find plates. "Left of the sink."

He opens the door, "Ahh."

I fix the strap of my tank top as it slid down my shoulder. "What's this?"

"The best Mexican food in Milwaukee."

He plates our food before we sit on the couch with the TV on but it's quiet. "Why was today so hard?"

"I had some difficult patients."