18| caught

Avery

The beach day had been nice but the cool shower had felt even better. I let the cool droplets hit my skin as my fingers worked their way through my hair, shampooing every inch with the vanilla scented soap.

After we had swam for a little bit, the boat had come to pick us up. I was a bit worried at first since I had never been on one before but they all told me i'd be fine. We had to swim up to it climbing up the ladder of the large vessel that read "Lady of the Sea".

It had take us around the island, giving us a great view of the resorts from afar as well as the beach. It was beautiful. It had stopped at one point to let anyone who wanted to swim go for it, I decided to stay on since we were way further out and I was scared of sharks. The wind blew through my hair knotting it as it flew in all directions, I laughed when it flew back hitting Landon in the face.

"Control that hair of yours, will you" He laughed pushing the loose ends from my face. I smiled up towards him, giddy with excitement as one of his arms draped around my exposed waist. His fingers lightly skimming over my skin.

He held me close as the boat rocked unsteadily, causing everyone to gasp. My eyes widened in shock ready for the worst. I felt Landon's hand fall onto my thigh, rubbing it soothingly.

I finally had enough with my hair and tied it into a low bun, turning to see a grin from beside me.

"Be happy. No more hair in your mouth" I shrugged pulling my hair through the last loop of the elastic keeping it closed.

"Here" He smiled placing his baseball cap from off of his head onto mine. Due to its size, it fell over my eyes causing me to giggle.

He took it back from my head adjusting the strap to make it fit better. Placing it back, chills ran down my neck.

Snapping out of my memories from earlier, I turned off the shower stepping out to dry off. We didn't have any other plans tonight and since the school had set it up where we had unlimited food. That meant we were free to go eat whenever we felt like it instead of scheduled times.

I brushed out my hair and quickly did my skincare before throwing on a robe, walking back out into our room.

"Showers free" I called out to Lydia who had graciously let me go first.

I heard my phone go off, going to grab it from the charger. I looked down to see a text from just to person I was hoping for.

Lan:
Some people are meeting up by the pool tonight, you in?

Me:
Hmm maybe

Lan:
Hope to see your pretty ass there ;)

I smiled widely, blushing from his words before clicking off my phone. We had already eaten dinner so there was only a an hour or two until I needed to go down to meet him.

To kill some time I turned on the large tv playing whatever show I could recognize first. Friends played lowly as I could hear the shower running from behind the wall.

***

Lydia and I strutted down the fancy staircase and through the lobby to the side patio. There located the large figure 8 pool with an attached hot tub. We hadn't seen this place since we've been here so I was excited to check it out.

As we walked outside we saw students scattered all over the place, a drink in their hand, dancing to the music. Where was that coming from?

Finding a group of familiar faces, I pointed towards the sea of boys huddled by the steaming hot tub.