Then what? A kiss?

" What's going on here?" Abel's voice rang startling me, I and Gabriel looked towards Abel's room and saw Abel standing outside in front of the door, he looked sleepy. I tried pulling away from Gabriel again but he still wouldn't let me
" Go back to bed...." Gabriel was saying and I quickly interrupted

" I... We were... Talking, I'm hungry, something got into my eyes, so....so, Gabriel is trying to ...help me" I blabbered still struggling to get out of Gabriel's grip.  " It's past 2am already" Abel said. His eyes on Gabriel's hand that was wrapped around my waist.

I hit Gabriel's hand and he finally let go. I hurried to Abel standing in front of him " I'm so sorry, did we disturb you?" I asked.
" No, I woke up and heard voices , so I just came to check" Abel said not looking at me but Gabriel, frowning at him.

   I glanced at Gabriel who was behind me to see that he also had a frown on his face
" Go back to bed, we won't disturb you anymore" I said
" Liela, you should go to bed first" Abel said still frowning at Gabriel "Oh" I murmured

" Goo.. good night then" I said softly before turning around and heading for my room without looking at Gabriel. I did feel his eyes on me.. until I entered my room.

****
  It was on a Thursday. Gabriel had been so close to me. We only seperated when i had a chemistry class and he didn't. However Harry was in the class and his eyes were trained on me throughout the entire lecture, making me uncomfortable.

He had not spoken to me ever since the text Gabriel sent him. Immediately the class was over, I packed my stuff and hurried out of the class with my backpack on my back.
   I hurried down the hall and stood at a corner trying to pass time, so Harry would leave, but instead

" Hey" I heard, to my left was Harry, I looked at him shocked.
" What..what..what do you want?" I asked
" Are we no longer friends?" He asked folding his arms
" I..we are" I muttered
" Look, I know you didn't send me that text. It has Gabriel written all over it" Harry said and I just stood starring at his face

" I'm also certain you didn't show him our texts willingly" he said but it sounded more like a question " I didn't" I quickly spoke.

He unfolded his arms and put his hands into his pockets
" I thought you'd come explain it to me but instead, you decided to hide away from me, our friendship isn't that fragile is it?" He asked. I kept my gaze down.

" I was giving you time but I thought I might as well come to you since you wouldn't" he spoke calmly
" So you're not angry?" I asked
" At you? No. At Gabriel? I've never liked him" he said folding his arms again.

' Gabriel would say the same about you' I thought
" So can you stop playing this hide and seek game with me?" Harry asked again and I nodded. He smiled
" I... I... Gabriel must be wondering where I'm at" I said not waiting for him to reply before running away.

I exhaled and started walking again once I was out of his sight. I halted when I saw Gabriel and a boy standing at the end of the hallway talking. He looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back and he started walking towards me leaving the boy behind. " Are you hungry?" Gabriel asked once he got to me and I shook my head in the manner of NO. I wondered if he remembered that my birthday was the next day.

I stared up at him with a smile.
" Do you want something?" He asked. I shook my head again. His smile widened " Then what? A kiss?" He asked raising an eyebrow. My eyes widened and I dropped my gaze instantly.

That wasn't on my mind but now that he said it.... My thoughts were cut short when Gabriel stepped closer and held my face in his hands, he then placed a kiss on my forehead. He pulled his lips away but didn't let go of my face. I looked at his blue eyes as he starred at me.

    I looked around and there were other students in the hallway, some stared at us, and others didn't seem to be paying attention, but there were also some who seemed to have nothing to do with their lives as they stood making it so obvious that they were watching.

I drew myself away from Gabriel taking two steps backwards. I felt like I was committing a sin in public. I looked up at Gabriel again realizing he was going to say something before I pulled away.
" I have some things to attend to for now, you stay out of trouble okay?" He said.

I thought he'd be mad at me for doing what I just did but he didn't seem angry. He still smiled at me before turning around. He walked back to the guy he was with, they had a short conversation but I couldn't hear them from the distance and then they walked away.  I was happy. Gabriel seemed to be in a good mood recently and It made me happy too.

****
  That evening, we all sat at the dinning having dinner. I didn't want to remind anyone about my birthday, they had been so nice to me already. I looked at Gabriel only to find that he was already looking at me. I looked back at my food.

" Are you okay?" He asked which of cause dragged the attention of everyone to us. " I.. Yes" I lied.
" Why do you look like that then?" He asked further. I glanced at everyone else then back at Gabriel, I straightened my back.

" How? I'm really fine" I tried to sound more convincing. Gabriel only hummed, but didn't look away. I looked down at my food and started eating again. Everyone went back to their food...
" What do you want for your birthday?" Gabriel suddenly asked. I raised my head to look at him

_________________________
Vote & Comment ❤️