'don't hide your thermometer from me!'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
 𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘢 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥

word count- 1047

"jenna, your complexion is seriously freaking me out. please sit down." were the first words to fill the space of jenna's apartment

emma had sent you a string of very concerning texts. things along the lines of "SOS!", "SEND HELP ASAP!!", and "🤢🤮🤧😷🤒" flooded your inbox. you ran to her apartment with the assumption someone had died. only to find and distraught emma and a terrifyingly pale jenna.

"y/n! i've got plans with joy, and jenna isn't looking good and i can't stay here with her and-" the shorter brunette threw herself at you in a desperate attempt to explain her situation. you managed to calm her and usher out the door muttering a comforting "i got this". shoving her out the door you turned to the brunette laying in the middle of the room on the floor.

her eyes were red, her nose running, and she was pale. the only bit of color on her face was the tip of her nose painted a light red hue. you could tell she was suppressing coughs by the jolting in her chest every few moments. jenna looked sick.

you slipped past the actress to her nightstand where a box of tissues sat. you took a few into your hand when you approached jenna.

"this, is why we use tissues," you mumbled bringing one up to the girls nose. she eyed you, silently telling you to back away but you stayed stiff in your place. mumbling things you would tell sticky children such as "blow" before she blew her nose into the tissue.

"y/nit's really nothing, just allergies. i'm not that sick," jenna explained, her voice was muffled by her stuffy nose. you couldn't help but giggle at her sickened state.

"i can tell you're sicker than you're letting on, jen. and i don't think it's just the sniffles this time. let's get you into bed and i'll make you some soup or something," you offered. jenna eyed you before removing herself from the floor and stepping toward her bed, wobbling a bit in the process. she knew you were right but the last thing she wanted to do was admit it.

you placed your hand out as a guide but the brunette quickly slapped it away. determined to make it to her bed herself.

"you wanna walk by yourself? alright let's see that." you invited the challenge she was setting for herself.

jenna was sluggish with each step, wobbling to her sides more than she would care to admit. you were biting the inside of your cheek trying not to help the girl. she looked like she was going to fall over any second.

after practically fighting demons in your place, you finally stepped forward, taking the actress's wrist into your hand and swinging it around your shoulders. your other hand snaking around her waist. you weren't expecting jenna to topple over at the slight touch of your hand.

"okay, put your arm around my- or just fall on me that works too."

you placed jenna on her bed, allowing her to get comfortable before you began scouring her room for medicine and more tissues. another thing you weren't expecting was the extensive list of symptoms she had.

"stuffed nose, cough, migraine, weakness, fever, lack of taste, sore throat, and i think i'm losing my voice."

you stared at the actress, dumbfounded with your lips slightly agape. when you found she was sick you were expecting a cold, not the fucking plague.

"what a start. where's your thermometer?" you asked, hands on your hips signaling you were ready for anything. jenna pulled her blanket up to her nose. mumbling a nearly incoherent "why would i tell you,".

"jenna, don't hide your thermometer from me!" leaving to rummage the dorm room for a thermometer, jenna watched you intently when you found one her a drawer across the room.

you turned back to find jenna face down on the floor. you wonder if she fell out of bed or attempted to get up. nonetheless, you push her back into bed with a slightly tighter tuck.

upon taking the girl's temperature, she did have a fever. after some heavy convincing jenna told you where she kept the medicine for her apartment. you pulled out a bottle of motrin, placed it on her bedside table, and instructed her to take the prescribed amount.

you told her you would be back and swiftly made your way to the kitchen to get her some soup. anything, really.

when you enter the room once more trying to not burn yourself on the piping hot soup you don't see jenna in her bed. but a few feet down laying flat on her back against the floor... again.

making the tuck even tighter this time, you placed yourself next to the brunette, soup in hand. you blew a little on the hot liquid to cool it down and offered the girl a spoonful.

she jolts her head in the opposite direction mumbling a small "no,". the spoon finds her lips only for her to jolt away again. and over, and over, and over.

"i don't want your soup, it smells horrendous." she pulled the blanket even higher, covering her entire head. you groan at jennas antics.

"please stop wasting what is left of your voice on complaints about soup you can't even taste," you look at her, annoyance boiling in your eyes. reluctantly, jenna takes a spoon full of the soup. her face scrunches expecting a displeasing taste to overtake her senses.

but she's met with nothing, as she's unable to taste. you turn away as she begins fisting spoonfuls of soup into her mouth. you assume it's because the brunette hasn't eaten all day. your eyes fall on the bottle of medicine you had given her to take earlier.

concern peaks in you when you notice the once practically full bottle was not more than half empty. you pick it up in a haste concerned as to how much the girl before you had taken.

"jenna, how much of this did you take?"

"a sufficient amount."

another groan eludes your better judgment when you move to put the bottle back with the other medicine. you made your way to jennas bed to find it empty once more.

"i have had to put you back to bed three times now, why do you like the floor so much?!"