Recorded Revelations

Allison Argent looked up at the burnt, barely even standing house before her anxiously.

She took one last look at her phone and bit her lip.

Meet me at the old Hale house. I have something to show you in the basement. Don't tell your dad. It'll be our little secret.

Basement. Right.

Allison pulled out the small device the Sheriff had given her; a recorder and hit the button he had instructed her to before sliding it into the pocket of her dress and making her way up the creaking steps.

She made her way through the foyer, through the dining room and into the kitchen.

She swallowed thickly as she stood before the door leading downstairs. The Sheriff's directions on how to get to the basement had been easy enough to follow.

She reached out, turned the knob, listening to the door creak as it opened, and she winced at the sound.

She made her way down the cement stairs. She could feel the temperature drop as she descended further into the dark. She openly stared at the scene before her as she stepped off the last step.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Kate cooed as she shined a spotlight right onto Derek, blinding the man temporarily as he closed his eyes against the onslaught.

The basement was dark and damp. What little light there was, was shining through a small, barred window. Then there was the spotlight Kate had dragged down.

The light reflected off of the water that seemed to coat the ground, sending the wave-like reflections bouncing off the cement walls and floors. It had been raining nearly all day. This place wasn't waterproof anymore.

If it wasn't for the orange hue of the spotlight, this basement would have had an otherworldly underwater glow to it.

Allison came to a stop behind her aunt and watched Kate as the blonde eyed the man she had chained to a fence. He looked exhausted but with the constant electricity coursing through him, he wasn't able to shift nor get any rest.

He panted quietly and Allison could see the large fangs that barely fit in his mouth. His eyes opened as he heard Kate speak up. His eyes... They were so blue. Glowing even.

Allison frowned. So this was what Kate had been busy doing. This was why her father couldn't get a hold of her aunt.

Her eyes shifted from her aunt to the man she had chained up. She understood now. This is why her dad sat her down and told her everything. Her aunt was deranged.

Allison bit her lip. What her father wanted her to do... She had to do it right.

"What... What is he?" She asked softly, brown eyes darting back and forth between Derek and Kate.

Kate turned and smiled at her, lips spread so wide that Allison had to resist stepping away from her as Kate stepped away from the spotlight and toward the table standing before the man and the fence.

"A beast. A monster. An abomination. One that needs to die. They all do." Kate turned her eyes to the right and Allison followed her gaze and let out a gasp. Her hands shot up to cover her mouth in absolute horror and had to force herself back to looking scared before Kate could see her reaction.

Luckily, her aunt was completely focused on the two huddled in the corner against the right wall and the fence. And it wasn't hard. Her aunt was scaring her.

The first figure, curled up around a much smaller form, was a pale male with ash blonde hair and vibrant silvery blue eyes, though he wasn't looking at Allison. He couldn't have been much older than them. Maybe around Derek's age. The other was a woman. Wet curls hung in front of a pale face.