Day 2: May I have this dance?

The snow was falling softly outside, turning the garden into a scene suitable for a Christmas card. Charles sighed contently as he stared out of the widow, sipping his tea leisurely. Erik walked into the room and smiled at the sight of his boyfriend curled up under piles of blankets as the radio changed he held out his hand "May I have this dance good sir?"

Chuckling, Charles took Erik's hand and let himself be pulled close to the man he loved, "you may."

Don't cry, snowman, not in front of me
Who'll catch your tears if you can't catch me, darling?
If you can't catch me, darling

Erik rested one of his hands in the small of Charles' back then tightly held his boyfriend's in his other while Charles' other hand rested against Erik's chest. They moved as one in time for the music, staring into each other's eyes, letting the music guide their feet without thinking twice. 

Don't cry, snowman, don't leave me this way
A puddle of water can't hold me close, baby
Can't hold me close, baby

Leaning down slightly, Erik brushed their lips together in a soft kiss. A kiss that despite its gentleness showed just how deep their love for each other ran. 

"I love you."

"I love you too." Charles murmured, his insides twisting with happiness.

"I want you to know that I'm never leaving
'Cause I'm Mr. Snow, 'til death we'll be freezing
Yeah, you are my home, my home for all seasons
So come on, let's go" Erik sang quietly.

Let's go below zero and hide from the sun
I love you forever where we'll have some fun
Yes, let's hit the North Pole and live happily
Please, don't cry no tears now, it's Christmas, baby

Erik spun Charles around eliciting a giggle full of a pure, childish happiness from the back of his throat causing Erik's heart to melt and his eyes to soften as he watched the man he loved.

My snowman and me
My snowman and me
Baby

Pulling Charles back into his chest, Erik kissed him again, more passionately than before, only pulling away when they were struggling for breath. 

Don't cry, snowman, don't you fear the sun
Who'll carry me without legs to run, honey?
Without legs to run, honey

Raven walked in just as Charles smashed his lips against Erik's once more before walking back out, her eyes rolling as she muttered "ugh I did not want to see that."

Don't cry, snowman, don't you shed a tear
Who'll hear my secrets if you don't have ears, baby?
If you don't have ears, baby

Gazing up into his partners eyes, Charles began to softly sing along to the music as they danced,
"I want you to know that I'm never leaving
'Cause I'm Mrs. Snow, 'til death we'll be freezing
Yeah, you are my home, my home for all seasons
So come on, let's go."

Charles' voice was gentle and therapeutic and, Erik had decided many years ago, he could listen to it for hours on end without getting bored. He may sometimes zone out about what Charles was talking about however simply hearing his voice was enough to make his day good. 

Let's go below zero and hide from the sun
I love you forever where we'll have some fun
Yes, let's hit the North Pole and live happily
Please, don't cry no tears now, it's Christmas, baby

Smiling, Erik pulled Charles close to him, his heart throbbing and threatening to burst because of how much he loved the smaller man. As the music slowed down, Charles rested his head against Erik's chest and sighed contentedly.

My snowman and me
My snowman and me
Baby

Peter and Wanda peered in and, at the sight of their dad's swaying in time to the last notes of the music, they smiled and decided that perhaps now wasn't the best time to be pains in the are so instead decided to go and bother Raven as that would achieve much more entertaining results, plus they were (for once) being good kids and were letting their dad's have some well deserved, peaceful time alone together.