Chapter 15

Just as Kellam said, the sky was turning red. It wasn't bright but the change is visible.

"My Lady. Your presence is requested in the throne room."

"Is everything ok?"

"You're the queen hence you should be in the throne room with the king. You have visitors."

The last thing Selah want is to entertain a bunch of snotty nose people.

OK fine."

She walk out the door with the maid behind her. She thought she would have the day to herself. A day to just relax and thing about what she want out of this life.

She always dream of the day she get to go home. Then she get to know Kellam and it pain her to think about leaving. She can't leave him when he has been suffering for centuries. He has lost so much yet he still yearn for something he don't know if he will ever experience.

Two guards open the doors to the throne room and she walked in. It's been a while since she's been in the throne room. As a matter of fact the last time she was there she curse the council.

How embarrassing.

She walk in and the council was there. Them along with some people who look like they are rolling around in money.

She walk up to Kellam and sit beside him.

"Only a queen can sit on that throne."

"We're not having this conversation again,"Selah said. "I'm not here for any of you. I'm here because Kellam need me."

"It's Your Majesty."

"His name his Kellam. That's what he want me to call him and so I will. What is this meeting about?"

"Your Majesty the blood moon is almost falling the sky. In the next two days the sky will be blood red and dragons will rise again. We are not prepared for them."

"We are prepared. We've been prepared for centuries. Nothing will change my mind."

"What about the near death of Lady Selah?"

"How dare you? How dare you go there? You old fools have no idea what it's like being alone. You have a wife and you have kids. You're walking on thin ice so walk carefully."

"She will not be around forever."

"That's where you're wrong."

They cast their eyes to Selah.

"Many come before me. But I'm not leaving. You might try to kill me but my will to survive is strong. I'm here to stay. I'm here to stand by Kellam until fate decided its time for us to move on. If you have a problem with it then that's your problem. But I'm not going anywhere."