Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Ch 35: The Ties That Bind

Kiya wasn't sure what would happen when she called August her alpha. She expected anything from his continued refusal to a dramatic declaration of love. He did neither. August closed his eyes and his chest expanded with a deep inhale as another shiver rippled through his body. Tilting his head, he kissed her again.

This time was different from all the others. The soft caress of his lips and the slow, almost hesitant way his tongue swept over hers, made her heart stutter dangerously. And when she opened her eyes to find molten silver pools gazing down at her, the air in her lungs suddenly felt thin. No one had ever looked at her like that. Like she was some precious jewel.

Unable to handle the sudden stillness, Kiya broke eye contact and tugged at his shirt again. August laughed lightly, letting her pull the fabric up to his shoulders and then sitting back to lift it over his head. With broad, defined shoulders and a power chest, the man was pure, raw power. She wanted to touch every inch of him. To explore his body the way she wanted him to explore hers.

A low purr vibrated against her hand as she reached up to trace the lines of his abdomen, and his nostrils flared with another deep breath. "What's wrong?" she asked hesitantly.

She started to pull away, but August caught her wrist and pressed her hand back against his body. "Nothing. I just want to take my time and enjoy this."

"You don't want to let the alpha out to play?"

"Careful, my little hunter," he warned with a growl. "Be a little patient with me. Let me do this right."

Butterflies danced in her stomach and all the way up her throat. Unable to speak, she nodded.

August chuckled at her reaction and reached for the hem of her shirt. Slowly, he tugged it up and over her head, revealing her upper body. Cold air washed over her, goosebumps following in its wake, and her nipples tightened into peaks. His eyes raked over her body as if determined to commit every detail to memory. "You are so beautiful," he breathed.

He lowered himself to brace his weight on one of his forearms next to her head and kissed her. The other arm slid around her waist, arching her back off the bed and pressing her breasts into his chest. The heat of his body poured into her, relieving her of the constant cold the way only he could.

The way his body fit perfectly against hers made her wonder if there was more than just a werewolf bite that brought them together. Was it arrogant to want to think that he had been made just for her? Or maybe she had been made for him.

The rest of his body shifted, creating a cage over her with his knees on either side of her thighs, his hardening erection pressed into her pelvis and making her gasp. Not missing a beat, August kissed a trail down her cheek towards her neck. His chest expanded as he inhaled her scent, releasing a growl with the exhalation. The tips of his lengthening fangs dragged over her pulse, reminding her of the multiple visions of him biting down on that exact spot.

"August," she rasped, barely able to find the breath to speak. "How... how to alphas claim their lunas?"

His first answer was to nip at the spot lightly, careful not to break the skin. "When the time is right, that is where I'll leave my mark."

He ventured lower, his tongue tracing her collar bone. Her hands flew to his shoulders, gripping him hard to try and keep herself from shaking too hard from the torturous anticipation. "When will it be the right time?"

"Not tonight."

He moved even lower to the rise of her breast. One of his hands slid up her side, taking his time to feel every inch of her on the way up to the other peak. The heat of his touch and his tongue sent bolts of pleasure rocketing through her body. Whimpers escaped her lips, her nails tearing into his skin, and her back arched. "Why wait," she gasped. "You already said you want me as your luna, and I want you as my alpha."