Chapter 6 - A Dance, A Confession, & A Revelation

Chapter 6: A Dance, & A Confession, & A Revelation

I was sitting on the bench next to Atsushi. I was contemplating what to ask him so I needed more information on him, for information to use against him, and for personal reasons. Maybe I should ask him something about his ability. Yeah, I'll ask him how his ability works since that will be something casual, for us at least.

I then turned my head to Atsushi's direction and he did the same to me. "How exactly does your ability work? Are you able to turn into a tiger fully? And you go clashing on others, but you're a detective and things like that so how do you fight?" I asked hoping to get some hint or answer.

Atsushi smiled at me but it wasn't genuine this time. "My ability? Well, you already know my ability is called 'Beast Beneath The Moonlight.' If you tell me what you're ability is called I'll tell you some information on mine." He compromised quickly. I decided that I'd go with it.

Atsushi stopped smiling and he looked at me waiting for my answer. "Fine. My ability is called 'Crime & Punishment.' My ability is complicated...but I can tell you something that Dazai knows already about. Would you like that?" I indicated.

"Crime and Punishment? It suits you Fyodor-sama! So Dazai already knows some aspects of your ability? Well, you are frenemies, it makes perfect sense." Atsushi proclaimed.

"Thanks...Yes, Dazai does. Nikolai and the rest of the DOA know the same amount of my ability as Dazai does. Wait- how did you know we were frenemies?" I queried. Atsushi seems to know more than what is thought out to be. 'Dangerous, I li- no. I should stop thinking and focus on questioning him.' I thought trying to not think of anything absurd.

Atsushi then puts his left hand on the side of his head. At one point I thought he silently heaved. "Okay then. First off, it's not hard to figure that out. Did you forget about the dead apple? Or more specifically Shibusawa, Dazai, and you, Fyodor-sama?" The blase tiger boy stated. He was almost looking apathetic for some reason.

"Well, I guess that makes sense on why you know that. But anyway, in terms of my ability, if you touch me you'll die. But that's only if I activate my ability. When you have touched me I've disabled it so you don't die. When Dazai is around me if he touches me and it's activated nothing happens because he has a nullify ability." I retorted.

Atsushi then made an 'o' expression indicating that he understands my ability now. "Makes sense." He said blandly.

"Now let me ask you a question. How does your ability, 'Beast Beneath the Moonlight' work exactly?" I catechized him. I was curious about how his ability works so now my answers will be answered finally.

"Well, my ability allows me to transform my body parts into tiger parts. The only exception is that my long belt that I was wearing before could transform into a tiger tail. I can also heal, and nullify abilities. Even if I touch you, it's going to nullify your ability. And even if you do manage to kill me with your ability, I'll slowly revive." He said overwhelmingly for me. He was saying it so nonchalantly that he even tried proving it but my ability was still disabled because I didn't want to risk it.

"So it's like you have three abilities in one? T-that's cool. But please don't risk yourself dying just because you want to prove yourself. Пара Ацуши-кун." I said warily. 

"Aw, you do care for me Fyodor-sama! That's nice. I care for you too!~" Atsushi said enticingly. 

"Y-y-yes I do. T-thanks..." I said stuttering embarrassingly. I was like a clutz with words and that was not making myself look like Demon Fyodor. I was looking like Clutz Fyodor. Let's just hope Nikolai and Dazai aren't already here spying on us. It would have been the end of me, relentless taunting and teasing would be embarrassing and annoying.