Get A Move On

(This is turning into a 'love at first sight' and not 'enemies to lovers' for Percy while Katniss still doesn't really know... Also, a 'Percy fell first, but Katniss fell harder' type of shit... It's not what I planned, but I am rolling with it; it is not like I ever planned anything anyway. I always wing it, seriously.)

Katniss found it weird how each night she looked toward the fake stars and would be relieved to not see a number 12 with the death of a tribute.

Rue had teased her about her little lover and how surprised she was she could do that. Katniss let her think as she wanted since she was a little kid even if she asked about that last part.

And she was starting to realize how lax the peacekeepers had become in 12 throughout living there and the horrors other district lived through. While they were always threatened with adding a name in the bowl, incarceration or addition work hours, many of the other districts got beaten so badly that many died, some were forced to volunteer, some had no code of conduct and they got what they wanted no matter how vile it was... And back to 12, a peacekeeper ever daring to touch a child in that way would be beaten down by their own colleagues and only for heinous crimes did the district see executions.

So that's why it was so dramatized, Percy's words, because it would be a peacechild and a normal civilian from the district... The peacechild from 11 had been nice to her, Rue had said, but that was all it came too, never a relationship outside of that... Plus two girls, wow for all.

She needed to admit it, she only saw two relationship similar in her district... Dammit Percy was right, this was a great thing to say to gain those sponsors, Haymitch had already helped her three times with those gifts.

But now she was somewhere, Katniss had been stung and tripping while she was faced with the wrath of the careers.

She... Worried.

She had seen them set up a base near the cornucopia and was currently setting up a pile of branches to burn to draw them away from it, and Percy was not with them, wondering where she was since she is not dead.

Shaking her head, first the plan then she'll think more.

---------------------------------------------

The days passed by so slowly.

The pain was ever-present.

The blood ever trickling.

Her leg was of no use currently, or it was but it felt hot and tender around the wound and not the wound itself. It was actually worse then her abdomen as the pain there was consistent but her leg was getting worse as time went on.

And even so, she was sitting in a pool of her blood, having old blood dried under the new one, not having moved much as each little move would the wound an bleed her even more, shivering despite the sweat on her forehead.

Percy was even feeling dizzy and sick at the same time, turning pale and numbness in her finger didn't help. Plus her back and behind hurt for sitting there without moving and just counting the time.

This has become a waiting game, she didn't even move after hearing the huge explosion in the distance, estimating it to be near the middle if her brain still works.

Leaning her head against the rock with a sigh, eyes closed.

She should have let Cato finish her, having a hard time to find reason why she was trying to go on outside of the fear of humiliation.

As night afternoon came, it was like the Capitol was mocking them.

"Tributes listen up, there has been a revision to the rules." The voice of the head game maker echoed around the forest, waking Percy from her light and disturbed sleep, having snoozed off, body trying to keep its energy supplies that were rapidly dropping.

"What the fuck..." She breathed out.

"From now on. Two tributes can be crowned victors if they originate from the same district!"

Percy had a hard time ordering her thoughts enough to calculate how many of them they night be left, hearing booms and all and not sure how much she slept but she was sure 2 was still a duo... Maybe 11? That candidate seemed to have a soft spot for his younger partner so maybe them... And 12.

Katniss was alive and so was she.

Looking at herself, not feeling any better, but not for long... But if she stays up just enough to at least help her, knowing a 1v2 would be death for her, she could try.

"Katniss has someone waiting for her." If she'll die anyway she could at least stay true to her promise and protect her, pushing off the wall, ripping her clothes away from the rocks and hunching over, leg filled with pins and needles and with what felt like acid, but she stood, hugging herself.

Vision taking a moment to follow as she slowly picked up the sword from the ground.

She'll try looking for Katniss and if she finds someone else she'll fight, the worse kind of enemy is something with nothing left to lose and Percy felt like she had lost it all, if she died before finding Katniss she'd have at least evened the playing field for her.

Tightening her hold on the blade and her side, looking up the little cliff, almost dragging her leg as she was looking for a way to climb up it, she'll start looking towards the middle.