Home

(Who cried like a baby while writing the last chapter while knowing I can't kill the MC? Me, I did, I'm baby; I held back the tears until I wrote Percy crying, and then the flood came.)

"You... You are one great fuck you Katniss Everdeen." Haymitch told her with a huge grin while she couldn't care less.

She kind of forced the Capitol's hand, she was unwilling to leave the arena as it was promised two victors would be crowned and dammit, there would be two victors.

She was bit incorrect about the nightlocks, she had like explained it in a way that it was like... Like instant. It wasn't... Or she would be dead.

Because the Capitol didn't want to test if Percy would bleed out of Katniss would croak first, they rolled back what they said while peacekeepers rushed in to get them both out.

But who would accidentally eat nightlock??? They taste crap!!

And now Haymitch was almost celebrating how much of a middle finger this action was to the Capitol while she silently sat in the plastic chair all hospital seemed to buy, why are these uncomfortable shits here even in the Capitol??

Katniss was correct, the wound on the leg was just so bad that they had outright cut it off and put on a prosthetic, of course the Capitol would want to hide the hurt they caused a victor turned tribute without even asking their opinion, they never ask their opinion.

That side was correctly repaired, tho instead of the one scar there before it had a smaller one cutting through it and making a cross, looking like it wasn't an important wound.

But Katniss still remembers the feeling of her blood on her hands.

And if that was not enough, It had been two days they were out and she barely slept, seeing horror each time she did, from Rue to Marvel and Percy herself, all of them throwing her back in the arena and haunting her dreams until she awoke screaming.

She was turning the ring over, tracing it, flipping it between fingers, to occupy her mind, wondering just how long will she need to hold onto it still. This was not hers to hold onto, not something she should do, when will you wake up?

------------------------------------------

It was the fourth day that had Percy opening her eyes.

It was the forth day she had gotten the explanation as to why she was alive in five minutes.

It was the fourth day that she found herself with a metal rod out the bottom of her knee and a fake foot.

It was the fourth day that she was hurried to dress in a white form fitting suit.

It was the fourth day she was thrust onto a stage with Katniss who she saw for the first time, a stage with Caesar Flickerman.

It was the fourth day she was to chat with him, smiling and laughing as they replayed parts of the 74th Hunger Games on the screen and needing to comment it.

It was the fourth day that she and Katniss needed to declare their undying love as the only duo of victors ever with a kiss to seal the deal.

It was the fourth day that Percy went to bed, screaming her lungs out in a pillow to muffle the sound of the anguish this day brought.

-------------------------------------