Four

It had been two weeks since kyasha had woken up in that lake. She had made a full recovery with the constant vigilance of Curtis.

She still has no clue how she could have gotten hurt in the first place, but at this point she doesn't care. It has only brought them closer together.

Bai did not deserve Curtis in the slightest, nor did the story's do him any justice. He is caring and patient. He gets a little mad if Kyasha doesn't take her medicine on time or if she doesn't eat what he thinks to be a healthy portion.

Kyasha had to explain to him that she eats a lot less than him because her body does not need to transform like his does. She also had to tell him that she had to eat more than just meet or she would get really sick.

Curtis did not like the idea of his mate getting sick because of something he did so that day he went out and brought back more fruits than Kyasha could eat in three weeks.

But it's the thought that counts.

Every morning Curtis would make Kyasha tea with Ashwagandha ginger and honey before she could even wake up. Then once she did wake up he would have it ready for her to drink right away.

He would then fix her a healthy breakfast of fruits before helping her to use the restroom outside. With his back turned to her of course. Then helping her brush her teeth with a prickly fruit.

Then together they would go out and forage for food. Curtis likes watching Kyasha get so excited every time they find a rock fruit or an asparagus plant.

Kyasha likes to be able to both spend time with Curtis and see the new world she is in.

And every night Curtis would boil her a bath after finding out how much she likes to be clean. He would fill it with whatever flower he found most beautiful that day.

All in all Kyasha felt like the luckiest girl in the world. She was treated like a princess every day. Though she didn't like that she couldn't do that much in return.

Curtis told her that just choosing him to be her first mate was enough payment, but that did little to ease her worry.

Kyasha spent the two weeks teaching Curtis about the different herbs and spices that grew wildly in the surrounding mountains.

He didn't like some of the harsher ones, such as the worcestershire sauce, or the wasabi she was able to find.

But he did like the mild taste of lemon on his fish and surprisingly garlic on his meat.

Kyasha personally liked the ability to stay home and focus on things she liked. Such as sewing and embroidering.

She was able to make multiple pillows stuffed with both cotton and feathers, out of this really soft bunny fur.

She was able to also make Curtis a new outfit and embroider lovely snakes and flowers on the borders with golden thread she spun from some silkworm thread she found.

Yet she had decided to hold off on making a mattress or any bigger household items as she had convinced Curtis to go with her to a bigger city.

"Curtis, after I get better, I think it would be best if we made our way to a city." she told him as they were laying in bed one evening.

Curtis tightened his hold on her as she continued, "no matter how much I want to stay with you we need a place to stay before the cold season."

"I know, I was waiting for you to bring this up." he replied calmly, trying his best to fight his inner turmoil, "we also need to find you another strong mate before then."