Chapter 1| Meeting

Edit: I'm re doing this chapter cause it's shit. I swear the chapters get better

Ashley pov:

I had heard from my assistant that my father wanted a meeting with me. He does this every few weeks, so it didn't come as a surprise. I was told my father said this meeting was urgent and important.

I was thinking about what he might want to talk about as I drove to the house I grew up in. I could walk around this house blind so I could make it to my father's office in minutes.

I eventually made it, fucking traffic. After parking my car in the garage, I walked up the steps and inside the house. I was greeted warmly by my mother. "Ciao caro. Come stai?" My mother said happily. My mother was always in a good mood, I think it evens out how my father is always in a bad mood.
[Hello, dear. How are you?]

"I'm good thank you, Mamma, how are you?" I said politely returning the smile. My mother embraced me in a tight hug. "Stressed, but that's nothing for you to worry about." My mother mumbled heavily, kissing my forehead.

I frowned and looked down at her. "What's wrong?" I questioned nearly immediately.

"Your father is planning something and isn't telling me." My mother muttered with a sigh. That must be what this meeting is about I thought. "It'll be okay, I'm sure he'll tell you soon. Speaking of Papà, I'm here for a meeting with him."

My mother nodded, letting me go. "He was in his office as usual. I'll see you later, okay dear?"

I smiled at my mother before walking upstairs to my father's office. I knocked twice on the door of his office.

"Come in." I hear his deep voice call out from inside his office. I could tell by his voice he was smoking, his voice always sounded strained and deeper when he smoked. I walked inside his office, closing the door behind me. I hung my head a little, in respect. "Father," I said politely.

I knew the office too well. Everything was always in the same place. A desk with a large chair in the middle of the room, the chair facing away from the window since father says he doesn't want to look at the sun. Which doesn't even matter since he constantly has his blinds closed. There were bookshelves on both sides of the room. I've never actually read any of the books I think they're just for show.

My dad smiled at me with, as I thought, a cigarette between two fingers. "Hello, Ashley. How have you been?"

"I've been-" I couldn't finish my sentence before he continued talking. I notice his smile fade, this couldn't be good.

"That's great. I have some news to inform you of and you're not going to like it." He said while taking a drag from his cigarette, blowing the smoke in my face. My face stiffened as I braced myself for his 'news'. "ho organizzato il tuo matrimonio." He said simply, like it was nothing. I was praying that I'd just forgotten how to speak Italian and my father had said anything else.
[I have arranged for you to marry.]

My eyes widened. "What!?" I mumbled quietly. My father repeated himself, calmly. "Father, I am 21 I thought-"

"You thought wrong. You will do as I say and marry this boy." My father said sternly. He had gotten serious quickly and I knew not to question him further on the topic.

I hung my head in shame. "Yes, father," I said obediently. As long as I showed both my parents with respect they'd let me do what I wanted. So from a young age I learned to shut up and nod when needed.

"We need this for business. There is no requirement for you to have an heir so don't worry about that. We're going to have dinner with them tonight, get ready. This is a business alliance. Don't worry, you can keep your little makeup business." He continued while handing me a file. "His information is in here now leave, I'll see you tonight." I nodded before walking out of his office, closing the door behind me.

I opened the file, scanning over his information. Alexander Evergreen. An American. I had heard of his family business before, and it was well-known. But everyone knows the business is slowly dying, but they had good associates and ideas that they wouldn't be able to execute without my money. Obviously. This boy was going to be a dumb gold digger. I'll just push him away until he wants a divorce.

Alex pov:

I was sitting in my father's office, looking down at the ground nervously. I didn't know why he had called me into his office or what this was about but it couldn't be good since my father rarely paid me any attention.

As I was spiralling and overthinking, the door flew open, and my father walked in. I immediately looked over at him. "F-father." I couldn't help but stutter, I was admittedly a bit scared of my father.

I watched as my dad sat down in his chair. He leaned forward, resting on his elbows. "I'll get straight to the point; you're getting married." My father said without a care or emotion.

My mouth fell open as my eyes widened. "I don't understand," I mumbled, shocked and confused.

My father sighed in annoyance. "The family business is dying, so I've arranged for you to marry another businessman's daughter to save the business."

"...who?" I managed to cough out.

"The Solace family." My father replied proudly. I almost choked on the air, hearing his words. The Solace family was one of the richest families with one of the most successful businesses. It was difficult to even get a conversation out of a Solace servant so how he managed this was a beyond me. "W-why?" I whispered.

I could tell all my questions were annoying my father but I needed to know this information. "Because they want our associates and ideas. And we want their money." My father said truthfully. "We are having dinner with them tonight, so get dressed in something more appropriate, like a suit."

Ew. I hated wearing suits. "But I don't-"

"Do I look like I care!?" My father snapped. "You need to act more manly none of this softie nonsense. Don't get weird and nervous around her, or they may call off the arrangement."

I hung my head and nodded. "Yes, father."

My father slammed a light brown file down on his desk, he pushed the file across the desk in my direction. "Read it, it's got information on the girl you're marrying." My father said as I picked up the file. "Now leave, I don't want to see you until tonight." I nodded and left his office.

I walked down the hallway a little before taking a look at the file. Ashley Solace. My eyes widened when I saw her photo. My god, was she attractive and she's Italian. She looked like she could squash me with her heel. She looked like she brought even the most powerful men to their knees. I couldn't imagine what she would do to a nervous wreck like myself. She looked like she could fight and has. This girl, no woman, was exactly my type.

Now I just needed to figure out how the fuck I'm meant to act manly!?

Hey guys, first chapter done! This story will very much be a roles reversed sort of thing

Hey guys, first chapter done! This story will very much be a roles reversed sort of thing. Also most of it will be from Alex's view.

Word count: 1242