Chapter 11| Pulling your leg

Alex pov:

I was sat there stunned. Utterly shocked. What the hell just happened? Did she just kiss me?! I never thought she would do that, but damn did I love every second of it. There must have been something I did wrong because now she's running away. There was no way she would just leave me after such an awesome kiss, it was official I ruined it somehow.

While I was spiralling again, I seemed to do it a lot. I caught a glimpse of a young woman walking into the room. She looked to be around 19 years old, maybe even a little older. I noticed how she was looking around the room with a curious expression as if she were trying to find something or someone.

She had long black hair that went down to the small of her back, her hair was in medium-tight, S-shaped spiral curls. I think it's got a specific name but that's what theu looked like. Deep green eyes that went well with her golden skin. She was wearing a round, circle skirt with a jumper tucked into the skirt. She'd look cute with Alessandro, just saying.

Assuming she caught me looking, she walked over to me, confident in her movements. Her green eyes scanned me from head to toe and back again, as though searching for some kind of answer from me. "Hi, do you know where Miss Ashley is?" she asked, her voice carrying an accent that I couldn't place at the second.

I quickly collected myself and looked up at her. "Not sure, she was in her a minute ago, though," I mumbled, the sting of Ashley running out hitting me again. "Um.. who are you exactly?" I sighed, rubbing my eyes. I hadn't seen this girl before but then again I haven't been living with her for that long.

The woman crossed her arms. "I could ask the same thing." I groaned in response and buried my head in my hands. The woman smiled and chuckled. "Since you're clearly having a shit day, I'm Adelina Torres. I work for Miss Ashley as a maid."

My eyes widened at her words and I sat up quickly, looking into her eyes. "Maid? Ashley said she didn't have any..." I mustered, confused.

Suddenly Adelina burst out laughing. "Oh.. oh she told you that? Now I get why everyone got the past few weeks off." She said with a huge grin.

What didn't I know? "Excuse me...?" I whispered, trying to show my confusion.

Adelina took a few deep breaths, calming herself. "She does this with every new guy, tells them they need to do everything and depending on how they act she decides if they're a keeper. She lets the maids go on paid holiday for maybe two weeks before she tells them." She explained, clearly trying not to laugh again.

"So... so she was just pulling my leg?" I mumbled, a small smirk creeping onto my lips. Ashley had a sense of humor and even better I didn't have to do much anymore. There was no way I could ever clean this whole house.

Adelina patted me on the back. "Yep. So what are you, boyfriend? Hook up? Desperate fling? Situationship?"

Her words instantly made me feel small but I was glad I wasn't any of those things. "No... husband," I whispered, showing the ring Ashley had recently put on my finger.

"Huh," Adelina hummed. "That's new. Oh well, none of my business. I just wanted to ask her if she wanted red or white wine, girls addicted." She said while walking out the door.

I nodded, looking down at the floor. "I've heard.."

This was a small extra chapter cause I didn't know how to add the new character and say that Ashley was kidding in a different chapter

Idk what Ethnicity I should make Adelina but I was thinking Caribbean?

Word count: 657