twenty one

Author's pov

He opened his eyes with a knock on the door.

Taniya was knocking on the door.

"Bhai.....darwaza kholein...." she said from the other side.

Taha rubbed his eyes and unwrapped himself from Rubab, lazily wearing his shirt.

"Kya maslaa hai...?" he asked, annoyed because he was enjoying her embrace and wanted more time with her.

"Aapse koi Milne aaya hai," she said.

But this new piece of information made him suspicious; no one knows his location except Baba Jaan.

Taha reached the small living room where his sight met with the most unwanted people.

His breath stopped for a moment, and his face turned pale.

They are none other than Abraham and Dishaan.

They both are sitting like they own that place.

Taniya brought some coffee out of respect; poor her didn't know that they would snatch her brother's happiness, his wife.

They took it gladly and gestured Taha to sit.

"Taha... sit in front of them and asked: Who are you? Why are you here?" he asked, trying to remain unknown.

"Can you bring something to eat? We both are hungry due to a long journey," Abraham said politely.

Taniya nodded, smiling, and left from there.

Abraham saw his confusion-clouded gaze and said, "I am Abraham Ahmad," introducing himself.

"Assalam alaikum... I am Taha," he replied.

He is not seeming anything like what the media tells about him; he is talking to him like a gentleman, which amazed him.

"Sorry, but I didn't recognize you both," he said, looking at him.

"Neither us," Abraham chuckled.

He was about to say more, but Dishaan's whisper made him look toward his gaze.

"Ayesha...." he whispered, looking at her baby sister coming towards them.

Rubab was awake when Taha left the room. She took a quick shower and stepped into the living room to look for Taha, but seeing Abraham and Dishaan there made her heart skip. All the worst things started playing in her head.

She was well aware of the consequences; Abraham would kill Taha in front of her eyes if he knew he is her husband.

She gathered courage and walked towards them.

But before she reached there, Dishaan reached to her and caged her in a bone-crushing hug.

Rubab was completely blank at that time; she didn't understand why she is not happy seeing them. Instead of happiness, there is a strange pain and uneasiness in her heart.

"Ayesha..Meri Jaan, allah ka shukar hai aap salamat hai," he said, pressing his lips on her forehead.

At this point, Taha's self-control broke, and he got up and punched Dishaan's face so hard that his nose bled.

Dishaan stepped back, losing his balance due to the sudden attack, and grabbed his nose.

"How dare you touch her?" he shouted, making Dishaan and Abraham look at each other in disbelief.

"SHe is not your Ayesha; she is Rubab, my w..." But before he could complete the word 'wife' and invite his own death, Rubab interrupted.

"Bhai... are you okay?" She pretended to be worried about Dishaan and checked his nose.