Hide & Seek!

Chantelle's POV

   'I swear, I was pretty damn sure I packed the other sock as well, why do I only have one sock!?' I yelled. I hated it when my socks got lost, especially the new cute ones I had bought to impress Terry. Ugh, what was I becoming?

'Elle, it's right here'. Terry said to me. I didn't realize he was coming into the cabin since everyone was already up for breakfast and enjoying the scenery.

The picture was a serene meadow nestled between rolling hills, kissed by the soft glow of the morning sun. Tall, swaying trees encircle the area, their lush green leaves providing a canopy of shade and filtering the dappled sunlight. A gentle breeze carries the sweet scent of wildflowers and fresh grass, while the distant chirping of birds creates a symphony of natural melodies.

(A/N): To speak of Terry, he wasn't the simplest man, if by any chance you've read the famous romance novel, Me Before You by Jojo moyes, I'd say Terry's character was very much Will coded. He was genuine and tender-hearted, and naturally witty and entertaining- to the ones who had gained his trust and friendship. It was hard to earn his trust, especially since what happened 3 years ago with Isa and- hm, maybe that's story for another chapter later on...

-It was just me and him in the cabin now.

Somehow, he had the other sock to my pair.

'Why and how do you have that?' I asked him, clearly confused since I hadn't let it out of my bag once, and neither did I let anyone touch my stuff.

'Oh... I just saw it lying here' he motioned the ground here and there, and shrugged .

'Terry, did you go through my stuff!?'

-He despised and abhorred Chantelle to the core of his heart. He knew the pathetic and wretched truth about her and he hated the way she had everyone in her grasp with this manipulative and forsaken act of hers. He loathed her, everything about her, he couldn't tolerate her. 

The times he has imagined wrapping his hands around her throat and choking her to death is a bit unnerving...

(A/N): Why does he hate her? You must be wondering, for now, I will keep you wondering like that pookie. Muah <3

'Why would I go through your stuff just to get a pair of pink socks with a ribbon on the end?' Terry said. 'Why, are you mad? Is there something you're hiding from us in that bag?' He smirked.

'N- no...' I stumbled on my words. Possibly, he's not talking about the album of baby pictures I have of his. Right?

He stepped closer a few steps, looking at me straight in the eye with a look I couldn't distinguish exactly.

'Right, then. Here's your sock and come outside already, the others are waiting' 

He grabbed my hand and put the sock in my fist. Then he left, closing the door behind him, without sparing another look.

 It was the first time Terry had even looked at me... or touched me, yet his demeanor was so nonchalant. And only my close friends called me Elle. 

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Forget butterflies, I had the whole damn Kingdom Animalia wilding around in my stomach. 

He even looked damn hot in his black t-shirt and beige jeans. I didn't notice it but I was blushing hard.

'W-what am I doing?' I thought to myself and quickly got ready, I put on a cute dress, just for my Terry- I mean for Terry! Just...Terry.

(A/N): imagine the outfit as wtv y'alls my dumbass computer could unfortunately not upload it here- T^T

I got tons of stares from everyone when I went out. Yeah, I guess you could say I had a pretty big impact on everyone. Or maybe they were just confused if the person who came out of the cabin door was really me because they rarely saw me in cute dresses.

(She's totally not like other girls y'all~)

Except for Bree and Ethan, who knew what I was up to, everyone complimented me, saying that it suited me. 

Terry, on the other hand, didn't bat an eye at me. Ignorant Bitch, I thought to myself. Thankfully, the only empty seat was the one next to him. I quickly took the spot and started my breakfast.

Poached eggs with bacon, assorted cheeses and crackers and freshly squeezed orange juice and some energizing coffee as well. Yumm~

Oh, the way I tried everything to get his attention, but the stubborn bastard didn't care an ounce.

Finally, we were done with breakfast and headed down the field for our first game.

Hide & Seek!

The rules were a bit changed this time to accommodate all the people. Everyone was set up in pairs of two. Ethan and Bree, Isa and Jake, Sammy and Noah, Fred and Allie, and Me and Terry.

Isa and Jake became the seekers, while the others became the hiders. Yay! I get to spend some time with Terry! I internally giggled to myself for the nth time that day. 

It was also said that the winning pair will get to go to the City Fair held next week. There was no way I was going to miss a golden chance like this. Terry and I were gonna win, no matter what.

*She would kill to get what she wants*

____________________________________________________

hi, okay, this is my first book so I really hope you guys show some support <33. Anyway, keep in mind Isa and Jake. They might be up to something. and yes, Ethan Lee is Heeseung and Terry is Taehyun. I'll drop another hint. It's a love triangle, offfcoursssee.