* Memory 1 *

The small flecks of snow fell from the clouds, his hand reaching out to grab the dots of snow. His gaze was locked on the snow, how it was so small flurrying in the sky, yet so thick and cold on the ground below him.

"What I'd give to be as free as the snow..." He muttered to himself. "Amaru! Amaru! Look what I built!" The little girl yelled to him. He turned his head, escaping from his thoughts and stepping over to her. "What'd you make Dara?" He said softly, rubbing his eyes and leaning down.

"It's a snow-bird!" Dara said proudly, holding up her creation to Amaru.
Amaru let out an amused hum. "So it is... Good job, Dara." He said while softly patting Dara's head. "It's definitely better than something I could make." He spoke softly and kindly to her. "That's not true! I know you'd do amazing, Amaru!" Dara smiled a happy, innocent smile at Amaru.

"That's very sweet of you, Dara." Amaru smiled back at her. "You sure you aren't ready to go back inside yet? It's getting pretty cold out here..." Amaru looked around, observing the outside that was covered in the cold snow.

"No, I'm okay! If you're cold you can go inside!" Dara spoke happily while continuing to build more in the snow. Her small hands grabbed the snow and piled it onto itself.

"I can't leave you out here by yourself silly. If you don't want to go inside yet, you don't have to." Amaru smiled at her. "Okay!" Dara replied, continuing to pile the snow onto itself to craft little shapes. Other children were crowding around them, wanting to play with Dara. Some of the older kids were more interested in Amaru.

His long white hair touched his back as he watched the children gather around them. His gentle violet eyes only ever making sure Dara was okay or looking off into the distance at the cold snow that covered the town.

A boy that was almost the same age as Amaru stepped next to him. "So... Is she your sister?" The boy asked quietly. "...Something like that." Amaru responded, his gaze currently on the snow-covered town.

"Well, I'm Ikarus. That little girl she's playing with is my sister." Ikarus said softly. "Hm..." Is the only noise Amaru responded with. "You're Amaru, right? That albino dude?" Ikarus spoke softly, leaning slightly forward to peek at Amaru's eyes. "...I'm not albino... Who gave you that idea..?" Amaru spoke with a hint of annoyance.

"No one! Sorry, I just... Assume someone with white hair is either old or albino..." Ikarus spoke hurriedly, feeling a bit guilty for assuming stuff about Amaru.