Chapter 22: Realizing the Heart

Lakhsya's pov

"Arre bhai, dhyan kaha tera Lakhsya? Din mein sapne dekh raha tha kya?" Harsh's voice pierced through the haze of pain clouding my mind.

(Hey buddy, where's your focus? Were you daydreaming in the middle of the day?)

I winced as I pressed the ice pack against my throbbing jaw, trying to dull the ache. It felt like my head might split open any moment.

Damn, it hurts.

"Arey nahi yaar, sapne nahi dekh raha tha. Sapno mein anne wali ko dekh raha tha," Aman chimed in, his words laced with playful mischief.

(No, dude, he wasn't daydreaming. He was looking at the one who appears in his dreams.)

"Matlab?" Harsh prodded, his curiosity evident. ( what?)

"Arey matlab humari bhabhi ko dekh raha tha," Aman quipped with a mischievous grin, his eyes twinkling with mischief. ( arey i mean he was looking at our future sister-in-law.)

(Main gira hoya banda jama nich baliye)

I smacked his head hard and retorted, "She's not your bhabhi!" But deep down, my heart started beating rapidly at the thought, beneath my protest, a whirlwind of emotions stirred within me, threatening to engulf me whole.

I shook my head, trying to dispel that thought.

Right now, I was in the medical room, partially passed out, but I had to maintain my composure, even as they annoyed me.

Aman's words hit me like a revelation, sinking deep into my soul. "Tu chahe jo bhi kahe, teri aankhon mein sach dikhayi de hi deti hai," he remarked, his voice carrying a weight of truth that I couldn't ignore.

( You can say whatever you want, but the truth always shows in your eyes.)

His comforting pat on my shoulder only served to intensify the turmoil brewing within me.

Harsh's question echoed in the recesses of my mind, taunting me with its simplicity. "Tu mann kyun nahi jata yaar, that you like her?" he prodded, his tone tinged with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

(Why won't you just admit it, buddy, that you like her?)

But I remained silent, unable to articulate the tumultuous storm of emotions raging inside me. Every time I caught a glimpse of her, it felt like the world around me dissolved into nothingness.

Her eyes held a mesmerizing power, drawing me in with an irresistible force. In those fleeting moments, I literally forgot about the volleyball court, the game, everything. All that existed was the inexplicable pull of her gaze, and the unspoken emotions swirling within me.

"Chalo ghar chalte hain, school ki ghanti toh baj chuki hai," I announced, gesturing for my friends to leave. They nodded in agreement as I headed back to the classroom to retrieve my bag.

(Let's go home, the school bell has already rung)

Upon entering, I noticed that most of the students had already left. Only a few remained, engrossed in their volunteer work.

As my eyes scanned the room, they met hers once again, causing my heart to skip a beat. Her gaze held a mixture of concern and something else, something I couldn't quite decipher.

Her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Was she worried about me? I took a few hesitant steps closer, my heart racing with uncertainty.

"Are you okay?" she asked in a soft voice, her concern evident in her tone. I hesitated for a moment before replying, "Haan, bas thoda sa chot lag gaya hai, aur kuch nahi."