CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

WRITER’S POV

Clara looked on in confusion as she didn’t understand what was going on.

“I asked you a question, who gave you the permission to eat my food??” Seraphina asked as she looked at Clara with anger.

“I am sorry Madam, I just thought that since everyone is eating, I should also eat something.” Clara said.

“Eat something?? Are you the one who bought the food items?? Did you give me the money to buy them??”

“No I didn’t.”

“So what gave you the right to think you should have a share??”

“Nothing, I am sorry.”

“You better be…you are not to eat anything in this house till tomorrow..am I understood??

“Yes Madam.” Clara said.

“Good, now get lost.” 

Clara stood up from the floor and went into her room as she broke down in tears.

Her stomach grumbled loudly indicating that it needed to be fed.

Deep down, Clara knew she wouldn’t survive starvation till the following day being the fact that she didn’t eat previously and she was getting weak due to the beating she received from her step mother a while back.

Her step siblings all dressed up and went to school and when Clara also found out her father and stepmother went out, she went into the kitchen to see if she would see something to eat but there were no leftovers and the store room was locked.

She knew she had to look for something to eat and so she did the last thing she ever thought she would do which was going outside the house to beg for food.

Clara walked out of the house as she locked it behind her and strolled down her street.

It was the first time in a long time she saw what the outside world was looking like and she looked on in surprise as to how much things had changed.

Just as I walked down, I saw a mini mart and walked in to see if there would be anyone enough to give me something to eat.

“Hello, how may I be of help?? Do you have something in mind you want to buy??” one of the workers asked.

“Emm..oh no…but can I ask you for something??” Clara said in almost a whisper.

“Yeah sure, what is it??”

“I am really hungry but I don’t have any money to get something to eat…can you help me out please??” 

“I am sorry but I can’t be of help to you and I suggest you leave right now before I call security.” she said.

“You don’t have to do that….I will leave..thank you.” Clara said as she walked out.

Clara never expected the lady to call security on her but she did expect her to refuse to help because she knew that’s how the new world works.

After getting rejected and also hit from five different marts she decided to head back home and just accept her fate.

Just so she could get to my house on time, Clara decided to follow a shortcut which was through an alley.

She walked in fear because It was a lonely place that she had never walked through before and it was also very long before getting to the end.

As she walked through, Clara saw some two boys talking and instant fear gripped her.

She increased the pace of my movement and walked past them.

“Didn’t your parents teach you how to say hi to elders??” One of them said to her, making her halt her movement.

“I..I..a..am..sor…sorry…good day to you both.” Clara said.

She was about to walk away again when she was hit with a tiny stone.

“Why the rush honey?? We don’t bite.” the other boy said.

“Please, I don’t want any trouble…I just want to go back home.”

“But we just want to have a simple conversation with you honey…it won’t take long.”

The boys started walking towards her as she also walked backwards in fear.

“We won’t hurt you gorgeous…just give us a chance to appreciate what the heavens has created.” one of them said as he laughed.

Clara was about to run away when the other boy held her hand so tightly that it hurt her.

“Please don’t hurt me…just let me go please.” Clara pleaded in tears.

“Where were you running to baby girl?? We just want to have fun with you…don’t you like fun??”

“Please let me go.” she said as she cried harder.

Clara suddenly got slapped in the face so hard that she could feel that a bruise was forming.

“Shut the F**k up bitch!! Or else I will shut it for you.”

She was then pushed roughly to the ground as her clothes were about to be ripped off of her.

“Pleaseee just let me go!!!!!” she said, screaming.

“Close your mouth bitch!!” 

“Leave me alone….pleaseee.” Clara closed her eyes and waited for the worse to happen as she laid on the cold floor helplessly.

“What the hell is going on here!!!!” she heard a voice say behind her.

“None of your business so just walk away man.”

“I ask again what the F**k is going on here!!” the stranger said again.

“And I said you should walk away…or do you have a death wish??”

“Please help me.” Clara pleaded to the stranger.

“Come here.” he said to her.

Clara couldn’t see his face properly because it was a dark alley but she felt safe just hearing the sound of his voice.

She stood up from the ground and ran to him without thinking twice.

The two other boys started laughing.

“Oh, do you think this is a fairytale movie where prince charming comes to rescue the princess??”

“I am not going to repeat myself again….walk away boys.” the stranger said.

“And if we don't, what are we going to do about it??”

Suddenly about three men came from behind and at first Clara got more scared but then she realized the men were with the stranger she was hiding behind.

As soon as the boys saw the three men behind Clara and the stranger, they took to their heels.

The stranger turned around and faced her and as she tried looking at him, her vision became blurry and she held her head as her eyes spinned.

Clara felt dizzy and disoriented and before she could figure out what was going on, she closed her eyes and welcomed darkness.

Like and comment for more😉🌹♥️