CHAPTER SEVEN

ARSENIO’S POV

I entered the car and was driven back home.

I went straight to my mini bar in my living room and poured myself a glass of wine but as I remembered my package was still missing, I threw the glass as it shattered into pieces on the ground.

“What was that noise Renio??” Irene, my housekeeper asked as he ran out in fear.

“Nothing.” I said.

She was the only one allowed to call me Renio as I have established a form of relationship with her over the years.

Over the years, she has been the only one who could tolerate my excesses and even when she had every reason to leave, she didn't as she stayed back for me.

She looked around and saw the pieces of shattered glass on the ground and she sighed deeply.

“What is actually the problem dear??? Ever since you came back, you have been so unsettled and you get pissed off so easily.”

“Things aren’t going so well for me at the moment…I regret coming back here!!!”

“Don’t say that…it’s been five years since you visited and you are already hating your stay here for barely two days??”

“If not for the businesses I own here, I wouldn't even step foot in this country at all.”

“Ti prego non dirlo Renio(please don't say that Renio),Things can’t always work out the way we want it to and that’s life.”

“Well in my own case, things must always work out because I spend money and effort to run my business.” 

“Don’t worry everything will be fine…do you want something to eat??” she asked.

“No Irene…am good.” I said as I walked away.

I entered my room and picked up my phone as I dialed Sergio’s number.

“Hello boss, the work has been done.” he said.

“Are you sure you did a clean job??”

“Don't you trust me boss?? I did a perfect job.”

“Good, come to the house now…I have an assignment for you.” I said as I hung up the call.

I went into the bathroom to freshen up and when I came out, my phone started ringing.

As soon as I saw the caller ID, my mood dropped again because she was the least person I expected to call me.

“What is it, Adaline??” I asked, rolling my eyes.

“Is that a way to speak to your mother??” she asked.

“You are no Mother of mine…I ask again, why are you calling me??”

“I heard that you are back in Italy and you didn’t deem it fit to come see me??”

“I should come see you as what?? What kind of relationship do we share for me to leave what I am doing to come see you??”

“Don’t be like that Arsenio…it’s been so many years already and you still bear grudges??” she asked.

“I am not in the mood for this Adaline…are you going to tell me the reason why you called me or should I hang up the phone??” I asked.

“No, please don’t hang up….okay, if you don’t want to see me at least come and meet your brother Elijah just once.”

“Elijah is no brother of mine either…don’t call this line again Adaline.” I said as I hung up the call.

I have never had a good relationship with the woman who called myself my Mother, not after she abandoned me and my Father at a young age just so she could marry a richer man.

Due to heartbreak and sadness, my Father died of a heart attack and left me alone to cater for myself.

My Mother heard about the news of my Father's death but cared less as she continued enjoying her life with her billionaire second husband.

I struggled on my own until I could stand on my feet again and now I am proudly a billionaire myself so I don't need any closure from her or anyone else.

Some minutes later, Sergio arrived at my house.

“Boss, you said you have an assignment for me??”

“Yes…I want you to fish out one of Don's men and do that before tomorrow and when you are done, send me your location.”

“Alright Boss but can we do it tomorrow at night??? That way it would be safer.”

“Okay…just get the work done.”

“Noted Boss.” He said as he left.

At 8pm the following day, everything was set and I drove to the location where Sergio was with just one of my bodyguards.

After the interrogation, I found out it was futile as no useful information was gotten and so I shot him but while doing so, I heard someone scream.

“Did you hear that??” I asked.

“Hear what boss??”

“I heard someone scream.”

I looked around and found nobody and I signaled Sergio and my bodyguard to follow me as we went across the street and then we found a girl hiding behind a car.

She looked like a spy and I was definitely not going to spare her.

“There you are.” I said.

“Please don't kill me!!” She said as tears dripped down her face.

“Who are you and who sent you??” I asked.

As I looked at her closely, I realized she looked familiar.

“I am no one and nobody sent me…I ran away from home.” She said.

“Sergio, have we seen her before?? She looks familiar.” I asked.

“Yes boss, she was the same girl we saved a few days ago from two boys in an alley.” 

“Oh now I remember you.”

“Please don't hurt me…I am not a spy.” She pleaded.

“I am sorry sweetheart but you just saw me killing someone so I can't let you go.”

“ I swear, I didn't see anything.” She said.

I suddenly burst into laughter.

She was such a joker.

“Are you sure you didn't??” I asked.

“Yes…I didn't see anything at all.” 

“Okay dear, I believe you.”

Before she could say something, I knocked her out.

“Sergio, put her in the car…. it's going to be a long night.”

Hello lovelies...sorry this is coming late...been hella busy but not too busy for you my readers😉♥️🌹