CHAPTER 5

9:00pm

It was late now, and cabin 3 had chosen their bunks. Lucian chose a bottom bunk under Daisuke , since he claimed that he was the quietest sleeper. He was trying to sleep , laying on his back. But Sienna had other plans , and kept asking - very loudly- questions about the others in the cabin. She was about twelve questions in before Lexi interrupted. "Jesus , dust bunny, some of us are trying to sleep. Can you , like , shut up?" She snapped. Sienna was silent after that.

At last , Lucian was able to drift into some form of sleep , resting comfortably on his side. He expected his dreams to be somewhat scary , from the fear of being somewhere new. But he was wrong. Right now , he was standing on a wooden bridge above a dull , greyish coloured lake. The lake was huge , no land in sight. It was too foggy to see anything over 10 metres away from him. But in front of him , very clearly , stood a figure. A small figure. It was humming quietly , rocking its head and shoulders side to side. It slowly walked backwards , still clearly visible in the fog. He couldn't make out what it was saying. Suddenly , the bridge collapsed beneath him , he was submerged into coldness , and shot up , gasping , and covered in sweat, looking around frantically. He was back in his cabin , everyone asleep except for Sienna , who was huddled in the corner of her bed reading a book , who was now staring at him curiously, alerted by the sudden movements and noise.

"What's wrong?" She asked , her eyes glowing an eerie green in the dark. The light reflected off of her glasses. Lucian cleared his throat. "Just an odd dream." He said, laying back down. Sienna was silent for a moment. "Alright." She said , looking back down at her book. He turned over to not be distracted by the light emitting from her eyes.

Lucian didn't sleep that night. He was too curious about the dream he had already had. Eventually , even Sienna had fallen asleep , slumped against one of the wooden poles holding the bunk above her up.

It was around 5:30 AM , and Lucian decided to get up and get ready for the day before anyone else. Somehow , by the time he had gotten out of the shower , everyone else was awake. He was alerted of this because Lexi banged on the door and shouted at him to hurry up. He quickly draped the towel over the shower door, slipping on his clothes.

"Jesus, what took you five years?" Lexi says with a sneer, crossing her arms. "..Showering?" Lucian spits back, practically mocking her. He pushed past Lexi, and in response she made a 'tch' sound and disappeared into the shower room. Nobody said anything as he walked over to his crutches and picked them up. His legs still felt weak, but he didn't want it to show. "I'm gonna go put these back."

"Who stirred your pot?" Reginald asked flatly, hardly looking up from his work as the door to the infirmary hit the wall with a loud bang. "Nobody special." Lucian mumbled in response, setting the crutches somewhere near the door. "I'll put those back for you." Reggie said, finally looking up from his stuff and getting up onto his feet. Lucian kind of just let him take them , not bothering. He was already done with being polite this morning. And it seemed Reginald had noticed that, with the way he instantly went to being gentle with his tone compared to how he usually spoke.

"Do you want a pair of headphones or something?" Reggie asked, coming back out from one of the good few rooms in the infirmary. "You guys keep headphones here? Why?" Lucian questioned. He hadn't been anywhere where first aid provided headphones. "Because, we're just better." Reggie shrugged, disappearing back into the same room and coming out with a pair of, as he suggested, headphones. "If you don't have a device, that sucks. If you do, you can connect to 'em, but you gotta say they're connected to mine. This place is iffy with devices."

"But I use mine, and they don't care-"
"Probably because they pity you for passing out within 10 seconds of meeting them."