Chapter 1

This is a sample of the story. If you would lie to read the whole story then you can find it on Amazon.

This book won't be posted on here anymore but if you would like to read some of my on going and completed work then check out Until Dawn. http://www.wattpad.com/story/3709147-until-dawn

“Wake up we have to go!”

The young man’s eyes snapped open to find two little gold ones staring at him. In the pitch blackness he could make out the blue flecks in them.

“Where are Mom and Dad?” he asked.

Suddenly the door flew open and an elderly man holding a lamp entered. His demeanor was calm but the depths of his eyes showed unfamiliar fear.

“Your parents are in the back. Go meet them out there and run to the safe house in the middle of town.”

Two little eyes peered between the old man’s legs. The young man held out his hands as the little boy ran over and collapsed in them. He was about to let out a sob when a strong hand quickly came up to his mouth.

“We have to be really quiet. Let’s go find Mom and Dad, then everything will be okay.”

He nodded and pointed to the old man, “Is grandpa coming?”

“Of course he is now let me just put on a shirt then we can go,” said the young man.

There was a gun shot in the distance which made the two little children jump and cover their ears. Everything in the house seemed to shake as some of the plaster from the ceiling came falling down.

“Run!” yelled the grandfather as he went bolting out the door.

The young man reached down and picked up his brother and sister as if they weighed nothing. He ran out the back door and heard another tooth rattling shot in the distance. After a few seconds an audible roar was heard. He knew that after tonight, his grandfather would not be following them.

“Jonathan, thank god you came out. Are your brother and sister okay? After we heard the shots we thought maybe your grandfather was too late.”

“No Mom we’re fine. Where’s Dad?” asked Jonathan.

“He’s getting the car,” she said, trying to hold back her tears. His mom would be strong in front of them but he could sense how she really felt. It terrified him.

As if on cue, two dim headlights appeared in the shadows of the woods. It looked like this time the head of the family had stolen an expensive sports car. The remaining family ran to the car and Jonathan threw in his brother and sister with a little more force than was necessary. They didn’t protest but instead huddle in the back against each other and started to cry.

“It’s okay,” said Jonathan, putting a massive reassuring hand over both their shoulders.

This time the shots had been much closer and one of his family members had paid with their life. For the first time he wasn’t actually sure if they would be okay.

**

Whitney watched with a smirk as Sarah nervously adjusted her hair. The once confident girl was reduced to tears and an explosion of white. It took everything Whitney had to not follow the normal routine of their easy going friendship and make fun of her.

Sara looked over with a trembling lip to which Whitney responded with a gentle hug.

“Don’t worry sweetie everything will be fine. You guys have been together for so long that this should all come naturally. Why are you so upset?”