Chapter 27

{edited/rewritten}

oh, i'm happy for you, know that i am, even if i can't understand.

___

All I felt was pain. I couldn't see anything, even though my eyes were open. A piece of cloth was wrapped tightly around my head, causing a headache to form. I tried to even out my breathing, to pretend I was still asleep. I didn't want my captors to know I was awake. I listened closely, trying to figure out where I even was.

"Did everything go according to plan?" It was Carter's voice that sent chills down my body.

"Yes, Alpha. I hit her over the head and then injected her with the stuff you gave me. Jenna is dead. Her death will not be forgotten. She helped greatly with everything. I even was giving Chance the drugs you gave me in his coffee every morning. It set his wolf off and he ended up killing Jenna. He also hit Bailey. She'll never know that it wasn't really him though, it was the drugs making his wolf go crazy. She'll die believing that Chance hated her and killed Jenna on purpose."

My breathing hitched. Jenna was the snitch in our pack? The insider? I protected her. I defended her when Chance killed her. I felt like I was going to be sick. What are they talking about? What drugs were the giving Chance unknowingly? Was this why his wolf was acting out?

Footsteps came toward me and I felt like I was still going to throw up. When I blindfold was ripped from my head, I ended up throwing up all over Jason, a disgusted look on his face. "Bitch."

I closed my eyes, counting to ten and trying reach my wolf but then I realized that I couldn't feel or hear my wolf. Where was she and what was happening? Why can't I heal? I can't even contact my pack or even Chance.

"Looks like my beautiful princess if finally awake."

Carter stared at me with a large smile on his face, probably enjoying the pain and fear he has instilled into me. I was trying to shift into my wolf but Carter smiled even bigger when he saw my struggle. "No, princess, you cannot shift."

I felt myself pale. "What do you mean?"

Carter circled me, his hand extending to touch my cheek. "When Jason brought you back to me, he injected you with wolf-bane. It knocked you out for four days. We have been injecting it into you everyday and because of that, your wolf is frozen. You cannot contact her and she cannot contact you. You also cannot contact your old pack. Your home is here now anyway so it won't matter."

I threw up again all over myself. I was having so many flashbacks from when Carter raped and beat me. What did I do to deserve this? "I can't contact Chance?"

Carter's face turned red. "We never speak of him! Do you understand me?"

Before I could respond, Carter slapped me. I was numb from the drugs so I didn't even feel the slap. "Why are you doing this?"

Carter frowned. "Why can't you love me? I did all of this for us. Why can't you appreciate that? I brought you back to where you belong."

I flinched as Carter came closer to me. "Maybe because I don't love you."

Carter gave me a creepy smile and turned his back to me. "You're going to learn to respect your new Alpha. I'm going to remove your mark and mark you myself, bitch."

Carter picked me up from the chair and tied me to the bed. He ripped off my clothing and did something I thought would never happen to me again.

***

C H A N C E ' S P O V

I was going crazy. I destroyed our home. I tore this goddamn land apart trying to find her. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I was trying to protect her. Why can't I control myself? What is wrong with me?

This is all my fault. I'm such an idiot. I'm going to kill everyone if I don't find her.

My claws were extending from my nails and I knew my wolf was ready to shift and tear the first person he sees to shreds. There was a knock on the door and I saw my mom enter, a sad expression on her face. I felt my canines poke into my bottom lip and I tasted blood. Fuck, Chance, get yourself under control.

My mom came closer to me but I turned my back on her. I couldn't hurt another person. She placed a hand on my shoulder and I flinched. "Chance, love, you need to calm down. I have some news for you."

She led me over to the couch and sat me down. "What? Do you have news on Bailey?"

My mom shook her head. "No, it's about you. Remember we got your blood tested? The doctor says you tested extremely high for wolffian, which explains why your medication hasn't been working?"

I frowned. "Wolffian?"

"Yes, it's a drug that affects your wolf poorly. It brings out the animal instinct in you and causes you to black out and lose control of your wolf. it explains why you brought back the punishments and killed Jenna and also explains why you hit Bailey, even after being put back on the medication. The doctor recommends locking you up for the night, to detox your body."

I think I might throw up. "What the fuck, mom. Who would do this?"

She rubbed soothing circles into my back. "Ryan believes it could have been Jason. He was the only one aside from Ryan that was close to you and Bailey. He is also missing right now. We believe he is the one that took Bailey and had been the one slipping the drugs into your drink. It explains why you keep losing control, Chance. He was giving you such high doses. If you weren't an Alpha, you'd be dead right now."

I felt my world flip upside down. I turned to my mom and did something I hadn't done in a very long time.

I cried. 

______________

hi, this is short bc i should be studying for the SAT

next chapter might be in Chance's POV or both again.

which should I do?