The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 9]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook. 

Chapter 9

As soon as the men had left the room Tamsin glared at Finn and Fletcher, "Out!" she commanded, pointing to the doorway.

Fletcher raised an arrogant eyebrow, "Nope."

"Seriously, out. This is girl's time. We've been with you all day long, we deserve a break." When Fletcher crossed his arms and settled further into the couch Tamsin gave him a look that said 'suit yourself.' She turned to Violet and grinned. "So I think my period is going to start soon which means I'm going to need some tampons."

Noelle caught on quickly and grinned back. "What kind do you use? I prefer the scented purple ones."

"Oh, I only use pads," Violet said on a giggle. "It's so much more comfortable than—"

"Fine!" Fletcher said desperately, "We'll leave. I don't want to hear this!" He and Finn left quickly, more than uncomfortable.

The woman laughed, watching the men practically run from the room, "Nicely done Tamsin," Noelle complimented. "Thank goodness we now have some time just to ourselves."

Ingrid nodded in agreement, "No kidding. I was starting to feel suffocated."

"Speaking of suffocated, did you 'see' the way Paxton looked at you?" Delilah asked Ingrid on a whisper.

"Yah, he looked like he was going to eat you...in a good way," Tamsin said.

Ingrid blushed hotly, "He did no such thing. You guys are ridiculous!" She placed her cool palms on her cheeks, trying to cool her face down. Paxton had given her a look full of hurt, anger and retribution and damned if she wasn't a little bit worried.

"I don't know," Noelle remarked thoughtfully, "Did you see the way Ryder was acting around her? I think you've got him wrapped around your little finger."

"I just met him!" she protested, "He was only being friendly."

"Yes, because all my friends kiss my hands romantically," Delilah remarked sarcastically.

"Oh shut up," Ingrid muttered. "I like Ryder. He makes me feel comfortable whereas Paxton just makes me...irritated. But it doesn't mean I like either of them more than friends. I'm not ready for anything more than that anyways."

Tamsin put an arm around her and hugged her softly, "We understand, Ing. We just like to give you a hard time."

Paxton stormed angrily through the woods, shooting glares at Ryder every five minutes. He hated this feeling of jealousy, but Ingrid was his. He had picked her out, not Ryder. Thank goodness they were going to find women for the three men. Then Ryder would have his own woman to worry about and he wouldn't bother Ingrid anymore.

As much as he didn't want to feel anything towards Ingrid, he couldn't help it. She was so frail and weak as a human, but she came off as strong and independent. He was drawn to her, like a moth to a flame. A fitting analogy actually. If he got too close, he knew he would be burned. He decided to do his best to maintain a simple relationship with Ingrid. It would be okay if she fell in love with him, but there was no way he was letting himself fall in love with her. Because if he lost her somehow...he didn't think he could handle that.

If Raine noticed Paxton's attitude, he didn't say anything. He was too focused on keeping everyone safe. Thankfully they were close to the lodge Alistair rented out. Apparently there was another party going on. He planned to go in and out within five minutes. They couldn't afford to be out in the open for very long.