Chapter Six -

Chapter Six -

The rest of the week had gone by at an agonizingly slow pace - and I was running around like a mad woman who had just lost one of her cats due to Adrian's constant indecisive behaviour towards the project the office was working on. Suzie had given me sympathetic looks most of the time, and even offered to take some of the slack I had piled on to my plate; but I declined, not wanting to overwork her either.

Adrian had also decided that it was a completely appropriate time to let his army of barbie dolls saunter into his office to do god knows what - while I took all of his crucial calls and basically managed and oversaw the final outcomes for the billboard design; meaning there was hardly any interaction between us both after the small argument we had on Monday morning.

By the time my shift ended on Friday, I was relieved and eager to get home to change into my pyjamas and watch the newest episode of The Vampire Diaries. I decided to go against Allen's dinner offer for the time being - only because this episode would explain to me the whole idea behind Stefan being Silus' dopple ganger - but offered to reschedule it with him on another day. I collected all the paperwork I needed to take home with me and pressed the elevator button to go downbut Suzie had called out my name before the elevator could bring the lovely 'ding' noise to my ears.

"Mr Kingston was just asking about you dear. He wants to see you in his office." She said once she reached me. She too, had her bag slug over her left shoulder and had her blackberry in her hand, ready to leave.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders. "You're kidding." I pouted and she laughed, waving a goodbye as I made my way down the hall towards his office. I tried balancing the thick piles of paper in the fold of my arm as my bag slipped off my shoulder once I reached out to knock on the door. I heard Adrian's muffled 'come in' before I straightened myself out and opened the door. "You wanted to see me?" I asked, an impatient tone coming out slightly.

Adrian looked over to my awkward stance and smirked. "We have to work on my planner." He stated simply.

I gave him an incredulous look before I straightened up in frustration. "Seriously, you were serious about that? Come on, it's Friday night," I whined. "Don't you have a girl to sleep with or a party to go too? You're Adrian Kingston!" I stated with a sceptical tone.

"Did you have any plans, Ms Johnson?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as if to challenge me.

"As a matter of fact, I do." I put emphasis on the 'do', showing that I wasn't planning on cancelling them anytime soon. Well, sitting on my couch in my pyjamas eating Chinese takeout and watching a television program weren't exactly what most 24 year olds considered plans, but it most definitely was to me.

"With who?" He asked, his expression transforming to a dark one.

I hesitated before answering. "Just a few friends." I stated calmly. Okay, so maybe Elena Gilbert and Damon Salvatore weren't exactly my friends; but I was hoping the lie would convince him to let me go because he'd feel guilty about making me cancel my plans. "I can guarantee you that I will have your planner fully equipped by Saturday night and delivered to your doorstep Sunday morning, Mr Kingston." I added, hoping it'd help the circumstance.

"With who." He repeated, and this time, it didn't sound like a friendly question.

I gave him an uneasy glance before slumping in defeat. "Fine. You know I'm lying to you. please, it's really important that I watch this though! I've been waiting for it since March! It's been way too long! I promise I'll finish your planner by tomorrow night, to the best standard! But if I don't go-"

"What the hell are you going on about?" He asked, his dark expression suddenly becoming confused as he witnessed my grovelling state. "Don't you have a date tonight with Allen that I told you you're not allowed to attend?"

I stopped grovelling and turned confused myself. "What? I'm talking about going home to watch the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries!"

"Alone?" He asked, giving me a cautious look.

"Um... yes?"

Adrian studied my expression for a moment, looking for any evidence that I was lying, before he sat back into his chair and broke out into a smirk. "If that's the case, you're not needed anymore. Have a good weekend, and I expect you to be at my doorstep on Sunday morning with my planner." His smirk grew wider as my confused expression transformed to one of disbelief.

"Are you serious? You were keeping me here with you, just so I didn't hang out with anybody? Wait a minute - you thought the dinner with Allen was on tonight, that's why you called me in, isn't it?!" I exclaimed, casting another look of disbelief in his direction.

Adrian just shrugged, but the smirk that remained on his plump lips answered my question clearer than he would be able to verbally. "You're impossible!" I announced, huffing angrily.

"Actually, no I'm not. Impossible in your eyes would be me not letting you go home tonight and staying here solely for my own entertainment purposes. I'm letting you go home, so I'm not entirely impossible yet."

"Yet?" I repeated, frowning slightly.

"Well, I'm coming to your apartment - so now you're welcome to declare me as 'impossible'." The smirk reappeared on his lips, and I just stared at him for the moment, processing his words. I started to laugh slightly, thinking it was a joke, before his solemn expression cut me short. "You're not serious." I stated, dumbfounded.

"I am."

"No, you're not! And you're not coming to my apartment, either!" I exclaimed angrily.

"It's either your place, or the office. Choose." He stated bluntly.

"I choose both. I go home, and you stay in the office. Have a lovely week end Mr Kingston." I stated, a final tone in my note as I turned around to leave the office boldly.

"Since you're so adamant about not letting me into your home, I guess we'll stay together in the office then. We can order in pizza? Or Chinese? I don't mind either."

"Adrian, please! You don't understand how important this show is too me, and I need to watch it tonight! And alone!" I emphasised, growing desperate.

I could see a shift in his expression as he became momentarily thoughtful, before an idea registered in his mind and the smirk reappeared on his lips. "Come watch it at my place then. I'll leave you alone while it's on!" He added quickly, seeing my mouth open to decline his offer.

I groaned and leaned against the frame of the door in defeat. "What do you want?" I whined, glaring slightly.

"World peace." The smirk grew slightly wider, as his eyes twinkled in amusement at my flat expression.

"I meant what do you want from me." I stated flatly, my tone matching my facial expression.

"Just you." He stated simply, shrugging again.

I frowned at his tall figure as curiosity engulfed my body, drawing me towards the idea of going to Adrian's place strongly. I looked down at my flats and bit my lip in thought, mentally weighing out the Pro's and Con's in my mind.

Pros: Adrian had a television that was the size of the wall, and I would no doubt enjoy that. His sofa was comfortable, and the room had surround sound, giving me the ultimate season premiere experience. He also had any snack at the touch of a button due to the hotel's 5 star accommodation.

Cons: I'd feel slightly uncomfortable in the foreign setting. Adrian would be around, need I say more? I wouldn't be able to wear what I classified as pyjamas - especially not with his prying eyes.

My comfortableness was much more important than the size of the television, so I had finally made the decision. "No." I shook my head, my gaze meeting his once again.

"No?" He questioned.

"No. I'd prefer to be home alone, where I can pig out without having to worry about wasting your resources or having to worry about you in general, and I'd be able to comfortably wear what I want..." I trailed off, blushing as the smirk returned.

"You mean no bra and only your underwear under a shirt? I'm definitely coming along then."

"No, you're not." I glared. The conversation was starting to repeat itself, and I sighed in defeat. "We'll just stay in the office then - since you're so desperate to have me around." I announced grudgingly, looking down at my shoes and glaring at the black leather exterior. A mental image of Damon Salvatore's face formed into my mind just then, and my glare transformed into a soft pout.

"I'm glad you've finally come to your senses. Pizza or Chinese food? Like I said before, I personally don't mind either; so it's solely up to you. We'll work in my office since it's the most comfortable." Adrian's mood had perked up generously, and I only glared in his direction. "Whatever." I muttered. Real mature Emily. I thought to myself.

Adrian just threw another amused expression in my direction and I glared before walking over to the sofa on the left side of his office and placing my papers and bag on the soft furniture before leaving the room without so much as a glance in his direction.

I made my way to my office and locked the door behind me before dialling Amy's number. She picked up on the third ring. "Hey Em, what's up?" She shouted into the speaker over the loud music in the background. "Hold on a second, it's really loud in here. Let me just go outside." I listened as the music from the phone began to decrease in loudness, before I heard a door being pushed open and the music was almost completely gone. "This place is amazing, you should've came!" Amy exclaimed excitedly.

I sighed. "I'm glad you're having a good time. Even if I did end up planning on going, I wouldn't be able to." I stated, becoming angry again.

"Why what happened?" She asked, concern lacing her tone thickly. I began my short whining rant about how Adrian is making me stay in the office, making it as brief as I could so that she could get back into the club.

Once I finished explaining, she squealed with delight and - to my annoyance - began laughing. "Are you kidding me? Em! If you still think that man has no interest in you, then you are obviously delusional! He's making up any excuse to be around you now! I always knew my best friend would be shagged by one of the hottest males walking this earth!" I choked on my own spit and she started laughing again.

"Ames! That is not going to happen." I assured her, before sighing. "I'm going to miss the season premiere. You know how serious I am about my TV shows!" I whined, pouting.

"I know babe, I know. But honestly? You're 24. I'm not saying don't watch television anymore - but you have to live a little, and not let them consume your life! How about this, tomorrow night, I'll come over and we'll watch it together, okay? For now, go eat some oily takeout and stare at Mr Sexy pants all night." She giggled again and I glared at nothing in particular.

"You're the worst best friend." I muttered, tracing an invisible pattern on my shirt.

She laughed again and I sighed. "Okay, go and have fun in there. And text me when you get home safely! And don't go home with a stranger that looks like he has an STD!" I warned, smiling a little at her happiness.

I practically felt her rolling her eyes. "Okay mom." She laughed again before we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I turned around to open the door again but let my hand rest on the cool metal as an idea popped into my mind. Adrian was keeping me here by force, so I didn't have to be cooperative, right? I decided that I was going to give him the silent treatment the entire night.

My lips stretched into a smug smile before I opened the door and left my office before making my way over to his. I re-opened his door and Adrian looked up from his position near my things on the sofa. "I ended up ordering Pizza, is that okay?" He asked, slightly cocking his head to the side as he waited for my answer.

I shrugged, not wanting to say anything to keep up my silent treatment deal. I was hoping he ordered a cheese pizza, because that's the only kind I liked.

"Okay. I ordered cheese, because I didn't know what you liked. Let's get started." He beckoned me over and patted the seat beside him, and I made my way over to it slowly, avoiding his gaze in the process. He had moved my papers onto the table in front of the sofa and had the draft planner out in front of him as the main focus of the papers. "I have a crucial conference call next Friday with my business partner in New Zealand, so we need to put that in as the main focus point for Friday." He explained once I took my seat next to him.

He moved closer to me, closing the small space that I had purposely left in between our bodies and smirked once I looked up to meet his gaze and glared. I sighed in frustration before I moved the position of my work bag to my lap, and rummaged inside it for some spare paper and my pen. Something red flashed in my side vision, but I decided to ignore it as I pulled out my favourite pen in triumph.

I wrote down what he said on the spare sheet of paper I found before turning around to find Adrian's smug smirk on his face once again. After a short moment, he held up a bright red lace thong by the corners of the garment, and my eyes widened in disbelief as my cheeks flamed from embarrassment. "Are you doing to wear this for me?"

"Where the hell did you get that?" I shrieked, my voice coming out high pitched from the embarrassment. I did not put that in my bag. I didn't even own anything like that! I desperately raked my memory to see who went near my work bag recently, and instantly glared at the painting Adrian had in his office across from the sofa as I remembered Molly giggling hysterically on the Sunday they were all over. So this was why. "They're not mine." I stated, the heat coming back to my cheeks.

"Are you sure about that? You don't have to hide it from me. In fact, it kind of makes me wonder what you're wearing underneath that sexy skirt of yours right now..." He trailed off and slightly leaned in so that his face was inches away from mine. His infamous smirk never left his lips and my breathing hitched in my throat from the close proximity.

I felt one of his hands place itself on my thigh and I instantly stiffened at the contact, unsure of how to react. If this was Amy, she'd jump him. I mentally thought, thinking of my best friend who was currently enjoying herself at a club. But I wasn't Amy.

My shocked expression turned into a frown as my common sense came back to me like an invisible slap to the face, and I glared at into his hazel eyes before I placed my hand over his to stop it from going any further. "Mr Kingston, I'd appreciate it if we focused solely on the work in front of us." I stated in a cool voice, holding my firm gaze.

The smirk never left his face as he stared back at me for a few moments, before nodding and turning back to the draft planner with a smug expression, removing his warm hand from my thigh and instantly making the area cold from the sudden exposure. "Of course, Ms Johnson." He said slyly, before his smug expression turned into a frown as he studied it closely.

"I need to host a charity dinner next Saturday, so put that in and tell Suzie to organise it. Tell her I want it to be like an auction, where my 10 of my female workers are put in front of the audience and auctioned off for the night. Tell her to put the ones she knows to be gold diggers, or just plain easy. You'll have to also be put in it, I'm sorry. They'll get suspicious if I don't put in my assistant, though." He explained once he saw me grimace at the idea.

"What do you mean 'auctioned off for the night'?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Do you remember David Walter?" I cringed as the mental image of the middle aged man wrapping an arm around my waist resurfaced in my mind, before nodding at him to continue, "Well, he, along with a lot of other men come to these things. Their wallets are fat and they tend to think with their male region more than their brains." He explained.

"You mean like you do?" I raised my eyebrows as a slight smirk pulled at my lips, and Adrian glared. "Ha-ha. If we prep you all up professionally, they'll pay a lot of money to take you home for the night where they can do what they like. The girls are cooperative."

My expression turned disgusted. "The girls may be cooperative but I sure as hell am not! I don't want to go home with some pervert stranger for the night just because 'they'll get suspicious' if I'm not an option! That's disgusting." I scrunched my nose up in disgust as I imaged David Walter smiling at me smugly and shuddered in fear before looking back up at Adrian's tall frame. "Please, Adrian. Don't make me do this." I begged, my expression changing to one of sheer desperation.

He gave me an apologetic look before his expression turned hard. "I don't like the idea of anyone taking you home either. I'll take care of it, don't worry. For the time being, you're one of the candidates." His tone closed off the topic, so I sighed and finished writing the rest of the information down before Adrian's work phone shrilled into a ring.

He got up from his position beside me and answered it swiftly. "Yes." There was a pause before Adrian spoke up again. "Let him up." He ordered, before putting the phone back in its position and looking at me. "Pizza's here." He announced, taking his seat beside me again. I nodded and began to move all the stray papers around the table to make enough room for the box just as there was a knock at the door.

Adrian got up instantly and pulled out his wallet just as he opened the door. "That'll be $14.50." I heard someone say, before Adrian pulled out a $50 note and handed it over to the delivery boy. "Keep the change." Adrian said dismissively, waving the boy off before shutting the door. The smell of the cheesy food hit me like a shock wave, and my stomach grumbled loudly before I could try and stop it from happening.

I began blushing furiously as Adrian looked over at me in surprise before he chuckled, placing the box of pizza and the bottle of drink on the table. "Should I have ordered another box?" He teased, smirking.

"Shut up." I muttered, avoiding his gaze as my blush deepened. He walked over to his desk and opened a side draw before pulling out two coffee mugs and taking his original position on the sofa. "They're clean." He confirmed with a smirk as I glanced at the cups with a cautious expression.

I took out my pocket tissues and gave them both a wipe over - just in case - before we dug in. By the time we had finished the pizza, we had the whole of next week sorted to Adrian's satisfaction; and I had a rough overview of what he wanted for the week after. We discarded the empty pizza box and drink bottle to the side of the sofa before Adrian took a sip from his cup and spoke up. "I'm going to give you $6,000 for your dress and shoes this time. You can keep the rest if you don't spend it all. I'll also get Rita to do your hair again, and you're makeup-"

"Will be done by me. I'm not a fan of makeup, Adrian. I prefer to do it myself." I said, cutting him off.

He nodded before smirking. "You look sexy either way - I was just trying to make less of a workload for you."

I blushed and smiled slightly. "Thank you, but I'll be fine."

"You'll be more than fine shortcake, believe me." He declared, his eyes raking over the length of my body before he licked his lips and smirked. I rolled my eyes and shoved his arm playfully, before focusing my attention back on the planner. "So for the conference next Friday, do you need me there?" I asked, picking up my pen again to write any additional notes down.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist and I let out a surprise gasp as he pulled me into his solid torso, before looking down at me with a smirk. "I need you everywhere, shortcake. Especially in my bedroom where we can have-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Kingston." I warned, placing my index finger on his smirking lips to stop him from talking. He chuckled before I felt him bite my finger lightly, making another surprised gasp leave my mouth.

"Yes, you need to be there taking notes while we talk. Who knows, maybe your pretty little head will help us come up with new advertising strategies for our New Zealand hotel." He said, poking my forehead a few times then placing a quick peck on it before I could pull away. I shook my head at his behaviour and wrote it down into my notebook before checking the time on my phone.

"It's late. I should be getting home." I said while shutting my notebook and placing it into my bag.

"Come over." He said, and I turned back around to him in surprise. I opened my mouth to object but he cut me off before I could even begin. "Please, Emily. I won't try anything. it'll be like last time." He explained with a hopeful expression, looking like a child who just entered a toy store.

"Adrian," I sighed, feeling guilty for declining from his expression, "I can't... it's not right. I mean, we've only known each other for two weeks - and the last time I came over was just that - the last time." I bit my lip as I watched his hopeful expression turn dark, and he looked away from me instantly. "Fine." He snapped, extracting his arm from around my waist before getting up from his seat next to me in an instant. "I'll see you on Monday, Ms Johnson. Have a nice weekend." He said in a cold voice, before disappearing into the unknown room that was connected to his office and slamming the door shut behind him.

I stared at the shiny, glass matte door in shock for a few moments before sighing and continuing to pack the remaining papers into my bag. Adrian was more Bi-Polar then Australia's weather - which, from what I've seen, is pretty bi-polar. And his mood swings always had to do with me. I wondered why as I got up from my seat and slung my bag over my shoulder, before casting one more look at the door Adrian disappeared into and leaving his office quietly. Just when I thought we were making progress. I thought to myself as I stepped into the elevator.

My mind was on Adrian the entire way home, and I let out a shocked gasp as I turned my key into the hole of my apartment's lock. The red thong was still in his office. Blushing, I shook the image of Adrian's smirk as he held the garment, out of my head.

---

Hello gorgeous people! How are we all?

So, I apologise if this chapter isn't one of the best quality. I literally only wrote it because I'm trying to stall reading the last bit of shadow kiss (By Richelle Mead) I don't want to start crying :'( Sorry for any mistakes!

I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS ON THE WATTPAD APP BUT I'VE PUT UP A GIF ON THE SIDE OF 'ADRIAN' OMGGG YUMMMY HE'S SHIRTLESS AND GETTING DRESSED IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT

My holidays are almost over. Sigh. Three days left. Ugh I hate school.

Vote/Comment/Fan if you deem it worthy enough!

By the way, i'm dedicating this chapter to KittyKat_1D because she's been super awesome with this story, and innocence! :)

Thanks for reading lovelies! xx