Chapter three

Chapter 3

Eli Grant

My claws dug onto the ground as I continued to run. How dare they! How dare that bastard of an Alpha come here and claim my land! He even had the nerve to bargain with me. My daughter in exchange of him leaving the pack to me. The fatherly side of me wanted to so badly keep my daughter but the Alpha side yearned to keep his pack.

What the hell am I going to do now? I’ve only got a month left till… A soft groan of pain broke me out of my thoughts as I started to run faster. I was nearing the border of the Baine Pack. Maybe Alpha Baine will give me one of his whores to act as my daughter. He may be a cruel man, but I am still one of his greatest allies.

My eyes bulged and my heart ached at the sight of the battered and bloody woman laying on the ground. I closed my eyes, trying to listen for a heartbeat.

Lud dub, lub dub… It was faint, but it’s a sign that she’s still alive. Trotting behind one of the trees and shifting back, I hurriedly put some shorts on and walked back to the girl. Her eyes were closed as her blond hair was tainted with her own blood. I picked her up gently and started to spped towards the Pack house.

“Call the damn doctor! I need him now,” I ordered as some of the patrol men came into view.

“Who is she?” My wife and Luna, Jackie asked as she placed a blanket around the girl. I set the girl down and looked at her once again.

“I don’t really know…” I trailed. I haven’t been to the Baine’s territory in years!

“Someone get me a big bowl of lukewarm water and a washcloth, pronto!” She ordered, earning a proud grin from me. That’s my wife for you, always caring and demanding. One of the pack members came rushing in with the cloth in her hands. Jackie dabbed it lightly and started to clean the girls face.

Deep purple bruises covered her pale face. “She’s a beauty,” Jackie gasped as she continued to clean the girl up. “Who could’ve done such a thing to an innocent looking girl?” She furrowed her brows, staring at me intently.

I shrugged, “I found her near the borders… Must’ve been from Baine. You know how cruel he gets…”

Her eyes turned sad, “I know.” She looked at the girl once again before letting out a much needed sigh. “If only she didn’t die… Baine would’ve been the same old happy fellow….” Tears formed in her eyes at the thought of Alpha Baine’s Luna. She was one of Jackie’s best friends and cousins.

“It’s okay sweetheart,” I hugged her tightly. “She’s in a better place now.”

“I hope so,” she whispered lightly. “I just wish I knew where her daughter is… It would’ve been great meeting her,” at that, I froze. I have been able to meet his daughter only once. That was when she was only ten years old, with her cute button nose and long burgundy hair. She has received the unique hair color from her mother and the green eyes too. The light shade of green that had black specks around them.

“I think Baine would’ve taken good care of her,” I whispered lowly.

“I have been informed that you needed me, Alpha.” The pack doctor came in with the patrol men in tow.

“I will take her into the infirmary and I want you to attend to her wounds. I want you to save her,” I commanded earning a bow from him.

“As you wish,” I quickly picked her up and ran to the infirmary. Setting her down lightly, she groaned from the pain again.