Chapter Five

The one that got away...

Chapter 5

Rylan Sauron

Who the hell did she think she was? She pulled away from me and went back into the arms of Eli Grant. Jake gave me a light shrug and Austin gave me a smirk. I hated this. I had only met her minutes ago and she was able to embarrass me already.

I watched as he kissed her forehead and let her go. Once she was next to me, I pulled on her arm and led her into the car. Throwing her beside me, I looked at her fiercely. Jake looked at her with sadness and Austin smiled in amusement.

“What the hell was that?” I seethed, pulling her chin up. Her confused brown eyes met mine.

“What do you mean?” her voice as sweet as honey spoke out. I averted my gaze onto her chest, not wanting to get lost into her beautiful eyes.

“I meant the whole embarrassing me back there! I am now your damn Alpha and you will do as I say! You will need my permission for every single little thing that you want to do,” My voice dripped with a strong Alpha tone. I looked at her closely, waiting for her reaction. Sadness engulfed her dark brown orbs as she nodded lightly.

“Yes, Alpha,” I suppressed a growl at the way she had addressed me.

‘At least she respects us,’ a small voice sounded off inside my head.

“Good. Now when we get back into the pack house, I shall introduce you as my maid,” Jake cocked his head to the side, looking at me questioningly. I gave him a deadly glare, stopping him from further questioning my authority.

“But I’m your-“ I held onto her arm tightly,  while looking at her tauntingly. I looked at her, challenging her to continue speaking.

“You are Arabella Grant, the daughter of Eli Grant. The Alpha of the pack that I was supposedly going to take over. It’s a sad thing that he didn’t think this through. It’s a lose-lose situation for your pack. Without you, the one who possessed the Alpha blood and the one who is able to fight for the throne, the Grants’ hold on the Alpha title would end with him. Thus, making it easier for me to target his pack and take over the whole thing. Easy as that,” Betrayal and anger crossed her features. “Oh don’t fret now, you’re going to be assigned one of the best jobs you’d possibly get in my pack. You’re going to be my personal maid.”

“Your mate working as your own maid? Seriously?” She glared before growling. “Oh well, what do you expect from a damn Alpha. You are all the same.”

“On the contrary, I am the fiercest of them all,” I smiled smugly, enjoying the fact that she was submitting under my command.

“No, you are not,” she mumbled, audible enough for me to pick up. Jake looked at her worriedly and Austin coughed, trying to hide his laughter.

Digging my elongating claws onto her arms, I took a tight hold of her. “What did you say bitch?” I felt the power surging through me, eating me whole.

“You may think you’re the fiercest, but you don’t come near Alpha Bane,” at the sound of his name, I started seeing red. My hands flew everywhere as the damn memories replayed themselves into my mind.

“Damn it! Snap out of it, Rylan!” Jake boomed with power. He was my Beta, meaning he had some power too. “Stop it,” he gripped on my arms tightly, bounding them behind my back.