25

The moonlight splashed down its soft glow onto the empty park, showering the path that you and Jungkook walked on. Both holding each other's hands tightly in silent.

Everything was great, until you stopped walking and yanked your hand away from him. He stared at you, speechless, heart broken into pieces.

Jungkook couldn't move somehow, it was as if someone had casted a spell on him to turn him into a rock. His eyes then fell to a hand that grabbed yours, but it wasn't his.

It was Taehyung, who showed up out of nowhere. Not understanding what in the world was going on, Jungkook sadly looked at you, who only replied his look with a weak smile.

"I'm marrying Taehyung." You said.

Still, he couldn't utter any word as if his lips were sealed. Just then, a little boy showed up and grabbed for your another hand. After that, you, Taehyung, and that little boy walked away, leaving Jungkook alone behind who was crying miserably.

"Don't leave me. Please." He cried even harder, finally was able to talk but it was useless. You'd already vanished from his sight.

At that moment, Yoongi suddenly appeared in front of Jungkook while handing him something.

A black underwear with holes at the front.

"Wipe your tears."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and the first thing that he saw was the white ceiling of the room. It took him a few seconds to realize, that it was just a dream.

The sadness in that dream was too much, as a flood of tears continued to pour forth. That was when he realized, that he'd been crying in his sleep too.

Recalling the dream he just had, he turned his head to his side only to see you still sleeping with your back facing him just like usual. How he wished that your miscarriage was part of the dream too.

He then quickly went to take a morning shower and get ready for work. Before walking out from the room, he approached you who were still in the bed.

"I love you. See you later." Jungkook whispered and ruffled your hair. He'd been repeating the same words for a week.

He then proceeded to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for himself but then, he was shocked, to see a well prepared breakfast on the table.

His eyes grew wide at the sight of the nicely prepared breakfast. When he was still asleep, you actually cooked breakfast for him for the first time since that incident.

"Did she..?" He giggled by himself, still amazed.

Jungkook didn't think twice, he rushed into the bedroom and went to your side.

"Thank you for the breakfast, hun." He smiled and planted a soft peck on your forehead before running back to the kitchen to eat his breakfast.

Little did he know, you were actually awake at that time, secretly smiling after he left.

After Jungkook had his breakfast, he drove to his workplace and was much brighter than usual. Everyone noticed his changes. The smile never leave his face when suddenly, he recalled his conversation with the doctor a week ago.

-Flashback-

"What caused her miscarriage?" Jungkook nervously asked as he began to fidget with his fingers.

"Based on the results from the tests, I think it's due to stress. Did she complain anything to you?"

Jungkook blinked his eyes in confusion. He thought everything happened because he forced you to run with him at the park. But no, he was wrong.

"Since we returned from Busan, she had to finish her paperworks that were abandoned for a week and had to stay awake until late night." He answered.

"Did she drink coffee a lot?" She asked, once again.

Jungkook slowly nodded his head as a yes, "To make herself stay awake."

-End of Flashback-

"Jungkook-ssi, it's time for the meeting." Gayeon informed, bringing him back to reality.

He nodded his head to her, and headed to the meeting room that was on the fifth floor. When he arrived in front of the meeting room, he noticed that the door wasn't fully closed. No one knew that he was actually there and what he heard next, made him completely speechless.

"Taehee should've told him sooner." One of the staffs said.

"But it was his fault too. He treated her like crap and made her stressed."

"But still, she shouldn't blame him entirely."

"I know right, everything would be fine if she told him earlier about her pregnancy."

All of their attentions fell to the door when it was swung open by someone, creating a cracking sound. In front of their eyes, Jungkook was standing there while clenching his fist in anger.

"Whether it's my fault or her fault, why does it even matter to you?" He gritted his teeth in frustration.

Jungkook didn't wish to show up at that moment and make the whole place turned awkward, but he couldn't control himself when they just didn't stop talking behind your back.

"Why don't you focus on how she feels instead of whose fault is it?" He frowned, feeling annoyed and disappointed in the same time.

Everyone put their heads down, no one even dared to look up to his eyes. They suddenly felt embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

Jungkook on the other hand, didn't have any idea on what to do next. He stood there in silent until Gayeon suddenly showed up and whispered something to him.

"Your wife is here."