Ch. 3: Saved By the Call

A/N: Just an FYI, these chapters are not edited yet, so whatever mistakes are in them, I'm not completely aware of yet. I'll eventually go back and edit.

~~~~~

Ch. 3: Saved By the Call

I looked up to see three sets of eyes watching me because of my reaction. Brandon looked confused, Cam looked angry, and Zach…well he just looked thoughtful. I hated how he was watching me. I know he is remembering me from last week and now he’s trying to figure out who I am again. I cleared my throat and avoided their gazes. “Come on in.” I said and stepped to the side.

“Mommy said a bad word.” Cam mumbled to Brandon.

He smirked at me, “I guess that means she needs a time out, doesn’t she?”

“Yes.” Cam nodded and smiled at his Uncle.

I rolled my eyes and walked past them. “Well, all the kids and everyone are out back. Come on.” I waved them on to follow me.

“GUYS!” Cam yelled gaining the attention of all the kids there. “Guess who my uncle brought to my party?” He didn’t even let them all guess before he blurted out, “Zach Woods, the baseball player!”

Brandon sat Cam on the ground and Cam instantly grabbed Zach’s hand and pulled him towards all of the kids. I smiled, knowing he was going to be stuck with them for most of the day. That meant less time for him to try to figure out who I was. I went and sat down at the table, but was followed by Brandon. He took the seat beside me and stared at me. I tried to avoid his gaze, but after a while it just got uncomfortable, so I had to give in. “What, Brandon? What do you possibly want?”

He smirked knowing damn well he just won. “What was that look all about when you saw Zach?”

“Nothing.” I mumbled and looked away from him.

“You’re lying.” He stated.

I shook my head. “No I’m not. It was nothing. I was just thrown off guard that I have well-known college baseball guy at my house.”

“I’m not buying that story, Kels. I know you as well as my brother did. Well, okay, not as well as he did but you get what I mean.” Brandon scolded.

I rolled my eyes and punched him in his shoulder. “Well, too bad. That’s the truth and that’s all you’re going to get.” Even though it so obviously wasn’t the truth.

“You know what’s weird.” Brandon stated out of nowhere.

I was just glad he was off the topic of my mini freak out. “What’s that?”

“Cam resembles Zach.” He said. “I saw the picture you have hanging on the wall of the two of them from last weekend and they resemble each other. I guess it’s true; everyone has a doppelganger out there.”

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. He couldn’t be serious right now. I looked out at my baby while he was talking to Zach. They didn’t look anything alike. I turned my look back to Brandon, “Have you been watching too much Vampire Diaries lately with this doppelganger crap?”

His mouth dropped and he just stared at me. “Are you out of your mind, woman? I do not watch Vampire Diaries.”

“Okay. That’s what they all say.” I smirked at him. “Don’t lie to me, Brandon. I can see easily through those lies.”

“I do not watch Vampire Diaries. Come on, now.” He pleaded with me.

“Whatever you say. So which one is it you watch it for? Damon or Stefan?” I teased him even more. “Or maybe even Klaus?”